• Much like Google Reviews - members are allowed to create (1) unique thread for each vendor/manufacturer. You may "edit" your thread at any time to reflect any changes.

Hatsan Sortie Tac (defective)

Hello;

I just received a new Hatsan Sortie Tac off of E-bay for a real good price, it is my first pcp airgun. I did not have a compressor to pump it up with and I didn't want to have a stroke trying to use a hand pump (65 YO)so I bought a gx cs3 off of Amazon for $570 with 4 year insurance and put a brand new Center point 4-16x40 on it. I cleaned the barrel before I shot it. I fired about 3 shots before it seemed to go full auto, and locked up, bolt will not pull all the way back and the magazine will not come out. It seems lie there might be multiple pellets in the barrel. I need to send it back to the seller to get a refund but it has air in the cylinder, How do I decompress the cylinder so that I can send it back ??

What is the best way to ship, USPS, UPS, or FEDEX?

Are the Hatsan Sorties any good? are they worth getting fixed or just count my blessings and send it back to get my refund. 

I am really bummed to start out my PCP adventure just to get a defective Sortie. Quality controll????? or just my luck?

Hi,

I can not give any advice on returning but I do have some experience on getting them working. I bought both a 0.22 and 0.25 Sortie and had to do a lot of adjustments to get them to work properly. But once I found the proper air pressure, hammer setting and reloading muzzle cap position they worked very well. There is a great deal of info on the Sortie on AG. Just do a search.

if the bolt is stuck you cant decompress it as its tethered to the hammer which needs to be pushed forward into the valve .. theyre rather straight forward to disassemble if you have basic tools and are somewhat handy and you could probably sort it yourself .. as mentioned they can be touchy about how theyre adjusted and going off of mine and reports of other the main thing working against a sortie is just a burred up receiver .. everything really needs to be cleaned up and polished to start with ...