Hatsan sortie 177 or 22

I have a 0.22 Sortie with walnut stock (imported from Spain) and a 0.25 refurbished Sortie from Hatsan-USA. Neither one has operated long enough to measure accuracy. Both have been sent in to Hatsan for repair and while their technical says they adjusted them they still do not work as semiautomatics. I finally got the 0.22 to work as a semiautomatic by using a low filling pressure of about 110 bar. I have to do more testing to see if it will continue to operate at 110 bar. But this gives me one magazine before I have to add more pressure. The hammer spring on the 0.22 can not be adjusted because Hatsan had to locktite it in place as no set screw is on this gun. I tried to get the 0.25 Sortie to operate semiautomatically by adjusting the hammer spring and after a few turns the trigger became inoperable. So it is back to Hatsan for repair again. For both guns it is EXTREMELY hard to get the bolt in the rear up position to load the magazine. It takes all of my strength to move the bolt into lock. I cannot return the one I purchased from Spain and the refurbished one has a very short return period, I believe 30 days.

Maybe I got two lemons but the guns do not work as semiautomatics. I have read many people complaining about them. So if you buy one test it quickly so that you can return it if it does operate as a semiautomatic.

If you need help getting your sortie to work give me a shout. We can video chat and I can step you through the process of figuring out whats wrong and how to fix it. The Sortie is a very simple design once you open her up and take a good look how things work. I have mine shooting perfect time after time right now. I have put about 750 pellets through it since fixing her without one fail. But yes before I fixed her she was not working at all. 

I take really good care of my guns and don't believe in tinkering and believed in always buying new for the warranty.

I had nothing but problems with both of mine 177 and 22 and they went back for warranty so many time it was riciculous then I gave up.

I would not recommend buying either unless you are mechanically inclined and like to keep tinkering with them in order to keep them shooting.

These were two of my least reliable air guns I had ever owned and had lots of aggrivation and frustration with them.

I had been told after the fact that these as well as other semi auto airguns are disposable guns and after a certain number of shots they can no longer be repaired and should have been fitted with a regulator from the factory.

Luckily they weren't FX Impacts or Crowns and the sorties were really dirt cheap in comparison.

If you are hard set on buying them I would recommend buying at least 3 of each caliber then at least you have at least one working to shoot while the others are being repaired. I had been doing it among 2 and more times than not both were in for repair at the same time so that is why I recommend getting SIX of them to avoid not being able to shoot at least ONE.

Probably the same reason many folks own more than one FX Impacts just so that they have at least one on hand to use while the others are constantly in for warranty repairs. If I had the money I would buy 3 FX Impacts for the very same reason but for sure wouldn't own just one due to the aggrivation of being without the gun whenever it leaks or the regulator failed or when parts break or fly off. Yes I think I would own three FX Impacts based on my bad experiences with my two Sorties. Got to have spare guns to shoot while the broken ones are in for repairs.

Walt

I can also tell you that they won't be reliable for too long if you shoot it a lot. I am rounding off the number of trouble free shots based on my first hand experience with both of mine.

I have to admit I did know about many unsatisfied customers but thought their guns were just defective and set on buying one in each caliber due to the pictured fun factor blasting away in semi auto fire. They were a blast to shoot while they were working. Don't expect them to work for long.

It may work fine out of their boxes like both of mine did but one quit after about 200 shots and the other after 400 or so shots.

When I got them back from warranty repair one lasted another 150 while the other lasted 300.

Next time around one was less than 100 and the other was great just over 200 one tin.

Next time one was 50 and the other was 200.

Next time one 100 and the other 200.

Gave up at that point and sent to mechanical engineer who also had an airgun hobby to install regulators to find optimal reliable pressure for trouble free semiautomatic functionality. After spending another $600 later... including round trip shipping and insurance...

Then they finally became reliable but they now shoot at low speed so they would be good only for close range shooting.

At least they shoot but wouldn't do it all over again if given a choice because one day they will be unuseable again to a point unrepairable.

I have a Crosman 600 which never gave any problems aside from one reseal due to age and never any problems.

There is a reason why there are so many refurbished Hatsans. All the people demanding their refunds those rejects got to go somewhere?

Have a couple of internet buddies who experienced problems with their other Hatsan semiautos as well not only Sorties

as well as FX Monsoons and Revolutions in addition to sending theirs to Alan Zasadee? SP? who is supposed to be the

best to fix any airgun could not get them to work in semi auto again and stated they were not fixable and made them cock as you shoot guns.

He stated they were designed to be disposable novelty guns and were never designed to last.

Walt