• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Tuning Hatsan repairs or save up?

I have two Hatsan gas piston rifles. One is a .30 the other a .22. Both need to be sent off for repair to be operable. They are both accurate, too heavy, but I can shoot them well. Neither lasted very long. One made a season and the other about two years. 
Here is my question, should I repair two guns I feel pretty mediocre about, or save the money and put it towards a Weihrauch? 

Rams from Hatsan run roughly $45 each. They do because the air pressure in them can be adjusted with a hand pump and fill probe and they're also, while a bit of a pain to do, fairly easily rebuilt. Both rifles, should you want to, can also be easily converted to springers. Just takes asking Hatsan for the right springs, spring guides, top hats and end caps since those end caps are a hair different between springer and gas ram. Converting them to spring would also make them more easily tunable.

I also can't argue a Weihrauch owning an HW95 and 2 Beemans :)

I have two Hatsan gas piston rifles. One is a .30 the other a .22. Both need to be sent off for repair to be operable. They are both accurate, too heavy, but I can shoot them well. Neither lasted very long. One made a season and the other about two years. 
Here is my question, should I repair two guns I feel pretty mediocre about, or save the money and put it towards a Weihrauch?

The latter !