• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Hatsan reliability

My 2 bt65s and flashpup have been solid performers. I added a regulator to my 177 bt65 and it's great. I'm happy with what I spent and what I got. I've never needed any type of service on these guns. I did buy a synthetic stock for one bt65 and I filled out the service form and they sent me an invoice and everything was normal from there. From what I read service isnt so good anymore. I'm not sure how other guns hold up but mine are 8 yrs old and had zero issues.

I have a .25 Galatian Tact. I bought used from a member here. Shot it twice and has sat since. Performed flawlessly and has held air for over a year. Picked up a .22 FlashPup as a refurb from Hatsan as I wanted to see if Bullpups shot well for me. Luckily it ended up being a side lever. Gave it a through cleaning and light trigger polishing. Threw a BugBlaster and a set of Hajimoto baffles at it and couldn’t be happier. About 1k CHP’s in and rock solid.

Whenever asked about Hatsan I actually suggest a refurb. Only because you at least have the knowledge SOMEONE this side of the pond has actually put hands on the rifle. Mine was not clean to my standards, but was far from the nightmares some have reported from the factory.

I've had great success dealing with Hatsan. I have a FlashPup in .22 cal. I needed a replacement barrel the gun would not group consistently with any pellet I tried. I got on their website and filled out the service request form then there is another email I sent describing my issue. I told them I wanted a replacement barrel sent out and that I would install it myself. Hatsan contacted me within a few hours and told me a replacement barrel was being sent to me. I also received the replacement barrel in 3 days. Installation took 15 minutes and the gun shoots JSB 15.89 gr. super accurate. That is great service in my opinion. YMMV

I own a hatsan flash .25 cal. I also own a marauder and two fx’s. Of all the pcps I own the hatsan still gets shot the most and has taken the most pests. My teenage children love to hunt pests and go on long hikes in the woods. Whenever they do the hatsan is likely to be riding on a shoulder from a sling. Its nothing extraordinary on shot count or power, but it’s pretty accurate and certainly dependable. It’s also lightweight and I know that’s part of what makes it preferable.
It’s had thousands of pellets through it but ive had almost no trouble out of it. The one time I did there was gunk built up in the valve causing it to leak. I disassembled the gun, cleaned it, put it back together and had no more problems and that’s been over a year ago. While had it apart I was impressed with the quality of how it was built and noted it appeared to be built to last a lifetime.
In many ways its not impressive but certainly a good dependable gun.

Reactions: Lazaro68
lol wow .. this is like a get the lube i love hatsan so much thread .. nah, be forwarned, hatsan has questionable quality when it comes to airguns its hit or miss and they WILL sell junk .. i have pics, dont make me post them .. the comparison i'll draw is like an unscrupulous ebay seller, theyll push garbage at full price knowing full well its garbage just to get rid of it, thats how they roll .. somebody will keep it and order parts to fix it for them .. yeah not a fan lol

Last edited:
Its the good or not so with them it seems. Maybe more to a luck of the draw thing?

With me there service kinda works like this. If you ask them somthing that not going to cost them money or cause there guy to have to put down his feet off his desk they answer pretty promptly and reasonable. If it going to cost them somehow or the guy got to get up and do somthing . Chirp, chirp, chirp, goes the crickets it seems getting back to you..😜

I've had a few Hatsans in the past. If you get a good one there great guns for the price. Also a few years back I had good experience with there customer service. In the last year and 1/2 there CS is almost non existent. There guns are great platforms to learn how to tune, repair and mod if your willing to try as most as easy to work on. Good luck!

Sadly, my Hatsan .457 Piledriver, only after about 40 to 50 slugs from new decided to go rouge on me. I waited for my new Pard day/night sight to turn up, and set about a zero in session. First 3 or 4 slugs were well down on power, maybe only 30 or 40 ft/lbs. recharged it, and 1st shot BANG, the big valve dump nightmare. Not happy at all!! First 30 or 40 slugs awesome power, then my dream fell apart on me. Cry!! Phoned the shop here in Bulgaria, they said they would take it back and repair the rifle, they said also, it would be shipped back to the importer, OK. Umm well that was about 6 weeks ago, I phoned and said, and so where is my rife, “ OK sir I will get on it, and find out what’s going on, we will call you back ( hoo yea, we will see) as predicted, nothing after about 3 days. So now, I have written Hatsan HQ in Turkey, and also sent text to shop saying if I don’t get my repaired rifle back, or a new one, or a my money back after week or so after Christmas I will go to a Lawyer, and they can deal with them. It’s all so my luck, if it can go wrong, it does!

I have a .22 and .25 flashpup. Both great shooters AFTER total teardowns and seal replacements. I also have a .45 Bully. After a barrel replacement, new cocking lever screws, pull the bottle band off, redrill the probe pin location and replace all o rings, it’s a solid shooter. I have put 1000s of my cast slugs through it with constant cloverleafs at 50. So like said. The good ones are worth the cost. The lesser ones need work.

I got a hatsan vortex 25sc pistol ( non qe) that nothing but fun to shoot and near issue free for years and shot a lot. one of my favorites. Then the 95qe rifle thats not so much . always somthing with it . Now the ram failed. (Uhggg) So its a 50/50 so far. You get a good one you enjoy or you dont i guess . Then thats with most things these days ..

Upto date, The SAGA; the shop are saying It should be it back soon, Christmas now, so Early Jan 23 ish, I am thinking . He says its quite Unusual to have these sort of problems, well he would wouldent he, haha. I just hope he is right. Up untill it all went sideways, the power was out the park, mind blowing.. We will see. !!!

Last edited: