• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

HAtsan rant and Barrage seal question

I hate Hatsan with all my guts and will never buy a rifle from them AGAIN!!!!!

I've been trying to contact them for over a week now about feeding problems with my barrage and it would probably be easier to get Trump to call me back before HAtsan Customer support!!!!

Now that that's out of the way... the ONLY message I got from them was this

"We would first recommend that you check the condition of your breech seal. This o-ring should be located about 1/3" inside the barrel from the breech. This will be visible from the breech if you remove the magazine. If this o-ring is damaged or missing, it could easily cause cycling issues."

Does anyone know how to remove or replace that seal? I do not see an o-ring there, but not sure what to look for exactly...

Anyone with a barrage, could you post a pic of your rifle breech to compare?

I have found using a very small dowel will help seat the oring much easier on my rifles. I put the dowel in the muzzle end and push it down to the breech end and then when I push the oring in the dowel doesn't allow the oring to push past the groove and it seems to help it seat into the groove easier. I had a run in with a Hatsan Bullboss a couple years ago and I wouldn't take a FREE one. Good luck.

I was able to put it in place. now I have to try it...

Although it may work, I'm royally pissed about the way Hatsan USA handles their customer service.

On one side, they send you a crapload of seals and O-ring for the rifle, which is great.

But at the same time, their documentation is NON-existing, their customer support does not provide support to customers or return their calls. 

Those O-rings and seals are useless if you do not tell me where they go or what are they for...

Are all PCP rifle companies like that?

Unless you have deep pockets, you should learn how to check and replace orings if your going to own a pcp. With high pressure and rubber it's going to give you problems sooner or later. It's not as difficult as it seems. And I agree, hatsan does not have very good customer support. I own 3 Hatsans and 2 of them leaked right out of the box, but rather than box up ship and wait, I repaired them myself. Most new pcp`s come with extra orings and they dont tell you where they go, you just have to use common sense and compare to the old ring you remove. Good luck,

It is relatively easy to work on guns in general unless you have something such as Parkinson's disease or something similar affecting cognitive dexterity that would not make it an easy straightforward task for anyone to do. Just be sure it's unloaded and degassed. That is actually the fun part about airguns and you shouldn't miss out on all the fun. You Tube can be your friend. If you fully disassemble your gun have a video recorder recording your every move if you're forgetful. Why do you think so many airgunners like to take their airguns apart before shooting them? Brings back the kid in all of us. The adult part says to put them back together.

Good morning, I've had the same problems with Hatsan USA service is HORRIBLE! I went as far to contact Hatsan Turkey. I knocked out the same o ring while cleaning barrel. It took awhile to figure out the cause of the problem, was comptimpleating sending it back to Hatsan but persevered and diagnosed problem myself knowing of the terrible customer service. I used the parts page on the web.I removed the barrel wich made the installation a breeze.

Good morning, I've had the same problems with Hatsan USA service is HORRIBLE! I went as far to contact Hatsan Turkey. I knocked out the same o ring while cleaning barrel. It took awhile to figure out the cause of the problem, was comptimpleating sending it back to Hatsan but persevered and diagnosed problem myself knowing of the terrible customer service. I used the parts page on the web.I removed the barrel wich made the installation a breeze.

Thanks!!! same result over here. 

I ended up finding the O-ring just hanging on the pin that moves with the bolt. 

With monday's newspaper in hand, is easy to say that an easy fix. It is. Problem is that if you have never seen the oring, or where it sits, and in such tight space, is hard to even know what you are looking for.

The stupidity of the matter is that somebody at the company had the great wisdom of thinking "Hey, let's make life easy to our customers and include every sort of spare O-ring they might need to keep their rifle working themselves, so they do not go crazy when they need one."

Problem is that nobody else even cared to label the O-ring and seals, or put any type of basic instruction with some pictures to show where they go.

I'm glad I could find the original bridge O-ring, because I looked in the spare bag and could not tell wich one was the spare bridge O-ring.