• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Hatsan Model 95 Refurb Question.

I recently joined the forum and introduced myself in the general air gunning section (literally a couple minutes ago).

As I stated in my introduction, i am somewhat new to air guns, but a lifelong outdoors man. I have been shooting several springers lately and just having a great time. Which leads me to a question on my most recent purchase. A Hatsan Model 95 in .22.

I purchased it through Hatsan USA as a refurb and noticed on the function check sheet they send that gun had a 10 shot velocity check which came back with an average FPS of 740. From all the reading i have done i am wondering if that is a trifle low? I understand pellet weight and a few other variables can affect fps. But I would have thought it they tested using their standard testing pellet it would be a bit closer to the advertiser 800fps. 

Overall I like the gun; but i wanted to get some feedback from folks more familiar with Hatsan springers whether the fps numbers they sent are something to be concerned about? 

I have not even had time to test it as I only received it last week and to chrony test I will need to track down my go to friend with all the toys i wish I had. 

It has a 90 day warranty so if it might be a problem i can reach out Hatsan. From what I have read they use their 13.12gr pellet for testing. Unfortunately they just state average fps and not the high and low. So not sure if it was consistently low or a couple shots ran out of steam so to speak.

I would appreciate any thoughts you folks have.