Hatsan Mod 135 Vortex QE

Hello I had the 130 in 30 caliber.The good: fun to shoot , great short range pesting gun, no air source needed, fairly accurate 1 inch groups at 20 yds with irons and red dot sight. The bad: piston failed had to go back under warranty to be replaced, poor quality control ( irons were canted and had to be walked all the way to one side to zero), hard to cock, extremely hold sensitive(I'm left handed and gun zeroed to me, passed to a friend who is an experienced airgun shooter he would miss a soda can at 15 yds every time when moving back to paper his group was around an inch or so but 3 inches right). These are my experiences with the gun I really liked it and would of probably kept it as a truck gun but the iron sight issue of not being centered was a deal breaker for me hope this helps Eric.

Hello I mostly shoot pcp guns but as a beater truck gun I use an old Sherdian blue streak(and just leave it in my truck in a gun sock behind a seat). I really wish the Hatsan did not have the sight issue. What I find my self doing more often than not is throwing my Edgun l2 in backpack and taking it with me. That Hatsan really checks off a lot of boxes I just wish the QC was better because there is nothing else in that niche. Eric

No issues but a damaged o ring on the breech because of the bad hatsan vortex pellets. I store my gun vertical on a wall gun rack barrel slightly pointed down..... no issues 200+ shots in the middle of my second tin. I think i have had it for 7-8 months now.

Incredible gun best off a bench and bags. 

I have shot many 3 shot 1 ragged hole groups at 25yds and then ill get that flyer off by 1/2" that is all probably me not doing my part or maybe the cheap hatsan scope i need to replace but the gun can shoot. 

I really like my 135 QE Carnivore in 30cal. Its unique, its good looking, and it shoots good. Is it worth $299, for me I would say yes because I am picking it up and using more then my other break barrels and pumps now. And I have 5-6 others to choose from. 

Stay away from the Hatsan brand .30 vortex pellets, they are horrible and 4 tins of them have been grossly oversized and bent skirts and flashing everywhere, total junk. The JSB Hades in 30cal are shooting solid groups. And a 30 cal Hades sure does a number on small critters. 

I owned one in .30 and just got rid of it. The .30 pellets are Way too expensive ( IF you can Find them!) for plinking and general fartin around. I found that between the cost of shooting, HEAVY cocking,sub- Red Ryder accuracy,the physical dimensions (think 10 gauge goose gun) and the early 1920's farm implement style machining... Adios Muchacho! 

When I head out to enjoy myself and shoot my airguns... The key phrase is Enjoyment. If that is missing,I will remedy the issue. The 135 was simply Not enjoyable.

I would advise against the Hatsan 135. Just throwin that out there as I don't want to see ya regret your purchase. Hope this is of some help!

Mike

I love mine, The front sights are off because the barrel shroud was off but I currently have a scope on it.

I plan to fix it down the road. Yes cocking effort was high when I first got it but it has lowered as I have owned it about 6 months.

It has a beautiful wood stock with an adjusted recoil pad.

It is very accurate.

Lets face it some times you just want to shoot a larger caliber. This is the 45-70 of airguns all for only $300

How can you argue that !!!