• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

N/A Hatsan mod 125 gas ram vs spring question

Hello!

Couldn't find an answer anywhere with google so im asking here:

I have a Hatsan MOD 125 Sniper Vortex 22 cal that I want to convert from gas ram to spring.
Since it's difficult to find the parts for the conversion, I bought the standard MOD 125 spring model .177 caliber. The idea to basically swap barrels: Sniper 22. barrel to the action of the standard 1.77 and the 1.77 barrel into the .22 Sniper action.

I think the actions and the transfer port are the same (transfer port hole looks the same dimension, allthough the Sniper action has somekind of sleeve pressed in there. But with the sleeve it looks the same with .177 transfer port.

Now the question is: is the standard MOD 125 .177 versions spring the same that is used in .22 Sniper spring version? And also can I put the Sniper .22 versions gas ram into the .177 action? Are they equal?

The spring that was in the .177 version is I think 43 coils and 353mm long. Some 125 models might have 48 coil springs from what I can understand from youtube videos. That confuses me.

Thanks,
Jarkko

Everything between the two , size wise in the same. The ram version should have a fill hole in the belly of the receiver. The spring version won’t. Doesn’t really matter because if the ram loses its pressure it will need a rebuild or replacement. Needs to be removed either way from the receiver. I would simply swap out the internals and receiver cap from one to the other.

Request parts from hatsan but at for this for each gun
. Then order the spring gun parts not in the gas gun and convert ..

Probly just a guide spring and washers/ shims
th-3123512508.jpg

Should be a few forum posts around on it and maybe a viewtube bid .. seems a few threads on like doing the hatsan 95 for example that puts you on track ..