• Much like Google Reviews - members are allowed to create (1) unique thread for each vendor/manufacturer. You may "edit" your thread at any time to reflect any changes.

Hatsan made me sad.

My Hatsan made me sad. I bought a 95 Vortex QE from Midway USA last month and had to return it because of a defect and Midway promptly replaced it very easy. Unfortunately the replacement is almost as bad, a pie plate size pattern at 20 yds I will be returning it for credit or refund as this is the only product from Midway that I have not been completely satisfied with for almost 40 years of purchases. By comparison a Ruger Air Hawk Elite 2 purchased from Walmart is good for 1inch groups at 25 yds which is pretty good for me. The reason I bought the Hatsan is my friend started me in air gunning with his Hatsan and his shoots as well as my Walmart gun. I am going with Hatsan is ending out air rifles as fast as they can to meet demand and many are slipping through quality control. Now I will be patient and wait to choose which top quality springer to buy. Look to second post.

Save your money and buy a Weirauch Break barrel. All Turkish guns aren’t that bad.I like the Kral guns better.I had a Hatsan 95 That had the same problem. Tested a bunch of different pellets and took that junkie scope off that comes with it and put a much better scope with one piece mount and still shot lousy.After all that testing I find out that it was the barrel not locking up tight. It shoots pretty good with open sights. It’s like rolling the dice with that company. I have a Hatsan Semi auto that shoots really good.

A final note, Midway refunded my money they at least stand behind their guaranty. I have been shooting for 40 years and have only run across one other gun that shot as bad. I shot my friends Hatsan again today at the range and his is just fine, go figure. The happy news is that I purchased a used HW97 from a forum member and if you sneeze at the gun or throw a rock at the trigger or shoot it backwards over your shoulder with a mirror it hits the bullseye. It did not care how I held it today it put the pellets wherever the crosshairs were.

What an amazing difference, I am glad I found this forum and listened to the advice from its members, Thank You all.