• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Hatsan Lightning Compressor

Hey guys,I'm back with an other Compressor problem. I have the Hatsan Lightning, was glib my tank and pressure reached 3900 and then there was a change in the noise of the compressor then the comoressor air filter blew off and the compressor shut down. Now I get no pressure at all. Checked all the fittings and didn't find any leaks, but its isn't producing pressure. Took everything Dien on both sides to check the seals, gaskets etc. Didn't go to the point of removing the lower cylinder head. Didn't find anything out of place so I'm thinking it is in the pistons. Not really sure.

Any ideas or input would be helpful. Thanks.

I don't own that compressor nor any of its SPINOFF clones so since NOBODY replied I'm gonna take a few guesses here. Normally there are things called fail safe devices such as a burst disc one or maybe even two or fuse or circuit breaker on a unit to prevent total catastrophic failure. Have you tried unplugging then waiting maybe 30min then try again? A manual normally has in the back of that book common issues and instructions on what to do to remedy any factory anticipated user error equipment failure. I would next check for a fuse then next a circuit breaker to reset then burst disc but I think it would be covered in your manual in the back page section called troubleshooting. SORTA Like the BLIND LEADING THE BLIND EH? LOL! Yo!

https://www.airgunnation.com/topic/need-assistance-on-what-and-where-to-check/

https://www.airgunnation.com/topic/to-fellow-lightning-owners-i-bring-us-hope/

read thru this tread of mine when I was in your shoes right now, and the second tread when I rebuilt it.. I went thru the same. Your parts are in in that lightning kit. Hopefully you have been using primo oil along with distilled water and G05 coolant like it was spec’d out. 

On the second tread, when I say, knowing what I know now, this is what I would do....., and go thru my suggestions.

YOU CAN DOOOO EEEETTTT!

Hey everyone,

In back with a compressor question. Ordered my rebuild kit as recommended by Bigragu. The folks at Tuxingcn.com were very helpful and went out of their way to make sure I got what I needed. Even to the point of sending a few things I didn't order.

I had requested some replacement burst disk, although I had not found any on my unit but thought maybe I missed it. Anyway, they sent the disk and the brass screw to hold them in place. Both rated at 6500 psi. Here is my question, my unit didn't have one. Unless it disintegrated and disappeared into the air cleaner. The screw they sent is a little longer but works. I put in a disk and the new screw. I've got the thing back together but am waiting on the gaskets to set. I'm also having second thoughts on wether I should have even bothered. Don't think the compressor could get to 6500 psi anyway. I thought I would ask to see if anyone has a burst disk in your unit? I won't have time to test it until tomorrow evening or Saturday. So I still have time to remove it.

Thanks for your thoughts input.

Rgordonwv

The low pressure side is easier to work on and diagnose issues than the high pressure piston. If you are comfortable that there isn't a problem with the high pressure piston then follow Bigragu's links and clean out any corrosion or rust in the low pressure side. It sounds as though back pressure blew off the air filter on the low side. Take off the pressure plate and clean off any corrosion build up on the reed valves and metal plates. I noticed lots of rust from moisture getting past the air intake filter when I recently repaired an Air Venturi compressor. Check to see that the thin reed valve that is held between the valve plate and it's U shaped retainer as pictured here. Remove the 2 screws holding the 2 parts the valve plate to reach this reed valve. I bent mine straight and flipped it over so that it would be tight against the plate.

1592563805_794960965eec985d1277f4.65543158.jpg