Hatsan Jet3

I bought one a week ago and it did not go well. Fitted a Victoptics red dot and tried to get it to shoot close to target in my garage over 5 meters.
Could not get it to group at this distance. At 10m four out of five were on an A4 paper target and one shot was complete off the paper. It tried about 15 different types and weights of pellets. Best was H&N Barracuda 18.
Took it back to the dealer on Saturday and he checked the barrel. There was a very serious barrel problem and the importer agreed to replace the gun.
I am now waiting for the replacement.

It was a 5.5 mm caliber and was producing 15.4 to 15.8 FPE, depending on pellet type and weight. Generally it is very nice. Light and ergonomic. Without the stock it handles easily in confined spaces like a warehouse, and in my case, garage. The stock is very sturdy with only a small amount of movement in the adjustable butt. The other gun, of the two that was received by the dealer, is very accurate and shoots very well. Just me that got the lemon, ......again.

The tape around the pacifier (Can't call it a silencer, does not silence the bark) ports reduce the amount of sound substantially.

Jet3.jpg

Last edited:
The barrel/shroud on the Jet 3 looks to be much longer than the 1 or 2. It also looks like the regulator has pushed the air tubes forward. Are they the same size air tubes as the Jet 2? I'm not a fan of the attached moderator and wonder if it is impacting your POI? Is it removable, or permanently attached? Both my Jet 1 and Jet 2 are pretty accurate at 25 yards, I would think a longer barrel would improve accuracy.

Reactions: BoogeyMan62
The barrel/shroud on the Jet 3 looks to be much longer than the 1 or 2. It also looks like the regulator has pushed the air tubes forward. Are they the same size air tubes as the Jet 2? I'm not a fan of the attached moderator and wonder if it is impacting your POI? Is it removable, or permanently attached? Both my Jet 1 and Jet 2 are pretty accurate at 25 yards, I would think a longer barrel would improve accuracy.
FLgunner, The tubes are the exact same size, but I don't know if they are interchangeable. The moderator is permanently molded into the shroud.

I did some research and found it's being offered here in the US as the Jet 2-QER. The shroud looks different, but other than that's it's about the same. They don't specifically say, but it almost looks like the US Version may have a threaded barrel for an aftermarket moderator, which I prefer over permanently affixed one.

I find it fascinating that they can’t quite figure out how to make this into a great gun. It’s like they’re 90% of the way there but that last 10% just always turns into an epic failure.

They just needed to use a standard picatinny rail, thread the barrel itself, not the barrel cover, make it externally adjustable and make the magazines interchangeable with other Hatsan rifles. Those should have been little to no cost modifications.

Having a regulator that accepts standard bottles would just be the icing on the cake.