• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Hatsan Hatsan Jet, the air gun I will never own

Regarding what is perhaps the primary complaint against this gun however, I didn’t find the shot count to be that much of a problem. Here is an 18 shot string using JSB 18.1 pellets. What I found is that the first 14 shots are relatively consistent and that will empty the first two seven round magazines that come with the gun and given what a small reservoir it has I found I could recharge it on my compressor in less time than it took for me to reload the magazines.
1704666004779.png

1704666051829.png

Reactions: L.Leon
40 yards with my bottled Jet 1 running a 1800 psi regulated tank (16 fpe) shooting Air Arms 25.4s. It would probably be better, but I'm running a 4x Monstrum Stealth that has a 2 moa dot in the center of the reticle.

View attachment 423196

View attachment 423223
I'm sure they have the potential. The problem guns probably just need some loving done to the barrel.

40 yards with my bottled Jet 1 running a 1800 psi regulated tank (16 fpe) shooting Air Arms 25.4s. It would probably be better, but I'm running a 4x Monstrum Stealth that has a 2 moa dot in the center of the reticle. 5 shots

View attachment 423196

View attachment 423223
I got about a dime sized 10 shot group @ 12 yards today with 18.1 JSBs. It probably could do better than that as I was just sighting it in and verifying that the baffle strikes were no longer happening. I was actually quite pleased with the accuracy of it once I got the bugs ironed out. I was hitting targets out to 50 yards without many misses and just guessing at the holdover. I put a 3-12x scope on it and I could see the pellets in flight.

I got about a dime sized 10 shot group @ 12 yards today with 18.1 JSBs. It probably could do better than that as I was just sighting it in and verifying that the baffle strikes were no longer happening. I was actually quite pleased with the accuracy of it once I got the bugs ironed out. I was hitting targets out to 50 yards without many misses and just guessing at the holdover. I put a 3-12x scope on it and I could see the pellets in flight.
I'm not having any trouble hitting my 50 yard spinners either. I can see my pellets in my 4x scope when I have my 800 psi tank on it.

Reactions: Sawney Bean
I'm guessing the .22 and .25 have better barrels?
My hydra in 25 was dead on balls out to 60 yards, farthest I had it out too. My 22 flashpup was a tack driver too, and was pushing 40 fpe. Should've kept them, but all the hatsan haters made me feel guilty for owning them, so I cast them out with the other lepers!

I've been tempted to get another hydra and a vectis. I forgot I had one of those too, it was also 25 cal. It was accurate as well, just got expensive flying through 25 pellets with that lever action.
My 27 grain mold has paid for itself many times over, but my Flashpup doesn't shoot them well. The Jet 1 likes them though.

IMG_20221101_131542500_HDR.jpg

Reactions: Dr. Kralenstein
It seems that you wanted a compact .25 cal air gun to kill pests at short range (less than 20 yards).
At that that distance the accuracy is probably fine, and you do not care about the bad short string since you likely shoot few shots at a time, when pesting.

I am target shooting/plinking at longer than 20 yards, and then the accuracy and shot string matters.
Best bang for the buck under 20 yards in my opinion :)

Reactions: Vhunter and EdinGa
If your Jet 1 or 2 stops firing, this is more than likely your problem.

View attachment 420655
I just got mine and out of the box leaked air when I try to fill it. The air goes directly from the compressor to the bottle and out of the barrel. Took it on a parts and from searching the diagram looks like it's missing a O Ring that is sealing the valve on your picture.

What a junk, bought it from Amazon and they refunded me without asking me to send it back. So now I will just try to find that size O ring and make it work.

I wanted to buy a gun for my 8 years old son. We like killing poisonous cane toads here in Florida.
I guess now will go with Umarex Notos and hope I'll have a better luck with it.

20240124_165820.jpg

I just got mine and out of the box leaked air when I try to fill it. The air goes directly from the compressor to the bottle and out of the barrel. Took it on a parts and from searching the diagram looks like it's missing a O Ring that is sealing the valve on your picture.

What a junk, bought it from Amazon and they refunded me without asking me to send it back. So now I will just try to find that size O ring and make it work.

I wanted to buy a gun for my 8 years old son. We like killing poisonous cane toads here in Florida.
I guess now will go with Umarex Notos and hope I'll have a better luck with it.

View attachment 428759
Did you try cocking it before filling? It sounds like the poppet isn't sealing. The o-ring is only meant to prevent blow by during the firing cycle.

Did you try cocking it before filling? It sounds like the poppet isn't sealing. The o-ring is only meant to prevent blow by during the firing cycle.
Yes I did
After assembled it back started filling the tanks but it's leaking slowly and uses way too much air when fires. the O-ring is completely missing. The part number is 2313. I am trying to find what size it is.