• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Hatsan Hatsan Jet shot strings

You can get what you need from this vid:

I watched that video and just wanted to confirm that the Hatsan Jet shot string is indeed so bad.
By bad I mean atrocious ;)

If you want to shoot at most 2 mags/14 shots accurately get the Hatsan Jet.

Hatsan seems to want to get the title of the king of duds or POS air guns.

I realize that I could tune it lower with a weaker hammer spring and get more reasonable shots.

It is still an unregulated airgun absolutely beaten into dust by a regulated airgun like the Umarex Notos.

Besides the compactness and the look there is nothing going for the Hatsan Jet.

Apparently there is a Hatsan Jet 3 coming out which is regulated.

When Hatsan Jet gets to Hatsan Jet 9 I will take another look.

Based on my original .177 Jet 2 accuracy problems, I'd agree that my Notos is a far better gun. However, Hatsan sent me a completely new gun under warranty. This one is more accurate than I hoped for. I'm happy with the Notos in .22. but the Jet trigger is easier to adjust to 1.5 lbs and is quieter with an easily installed Weihrauch mod.
"Hats off" to Hatsan's customer service.

20231009_094749.jpg

The general comments from Jet owners over on GTA suggest widespread difficulty getting the platform to produce good shot strings. If memory serves, one guy saw improvement by using a heavy valve spring. I don’t recall seeing much about playing with the porting or hammer debounce and such.
I got better accuracy and shot string by polishing barrel. I may have to test changing valve spring etc.