• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Hatsan Jet question

The cylinder can be removed from the Jet 1 while under pressure. If you are wanting to just work on the gun with no pressure, just removed the cylinder. If you are wanting to degas the cylinder, just unscrew the cylinder until you hear the air starting to leak out and stop at that point until all the air is gone. Another option is to just unsrew the gauge until air starts to leak out and them let it sit till it's at zero then snug the gauge back down.

The cylinder can be removed from the Jet 1 while under pressure. If you are wanting to just work on the gun with no pressure, just removed the cylinder. If you are wanting to degas the cylinder, just unscrew the cylinder until you hear the air starting to leak out and stop at that point until all the air is gone. Another option is to just unsrew the gauge until air starts to leak out and them let it sit till it's at zero then snug the gauge back down.
Thanks for the reply. My Jet is brand new and has a slow leak. I thought there might be a spec of dirt in the foster fitting and degassing quickly might move it out .

Did you tighten the air cylinder prior to filling it with air the first time? I did and mine leaked. I backed it off some and it stopped. You can't fill it off the gun, but if you fill it to only 1500 psi, it's pretty easy to remove. Take it off quickly so all the air doesn't leak out, then reinstall it and stop tightening the cylinder after the valve opens any everything sounds as if it's sealed. There is still a good ½ to a full turn after it seals while screwing the cylinder onto the gun, you don't need to go any tighter than to the point everything seals. Then fill it and let it sit and see if it still leaks. If so, you may have a problem and my need to contact Hatsan USA or the vendor you purchased from for a replacement.

Did you tighten the air cylinder prior to filling it with air the first time? I did and mine leaked. I backed it off some and it stopped. You can't fill it off the gun, but if you fill it to only 1500 psi, it's pretty easy to remove. Take it off quickly so all the air doesn't leak out, then reinstall it and stop tightening the cylinder after the valve opens any everything sounds as if it's sealed. There is still a good ½ to a full turn after it seals while screwing the cylinder onto the gun, you don't need to go any tighter than to the point everything seals. Then fill it and let it sit and see if it still leaks. If so, you may have a problem and my need to contact Hatsan USA or the vendor you purchased from for a replacement.
You can't fill the jet 1 cylinder when it's off the gun ? If you can, what adapter do you need ? Do you have to place each cylinder on the gun just to fill it , if you want to carry extra charged cylinders ?

Hatsan or some other vendor may come out with an adapter to fill the cylinders off the gun, but as far as I know, there isn't one available yet. I have 2 cylinders for my Jet 1 .22 because I converted my Jet 1 .25 to a Jet 2 with the dual cylinders, so I now have a spare. It's easy enough to top off one cylinder, unscrew it, screw on the spare and then fill it. Once the 1st is at 1500 psi or less, just unscrew it and replace it with the full one. The Jet 1 is designed for the air cylinders to be hot swappable.

I have one of the FX Adapters designed to fill their tanks off the gun, but they are different threads that the Hatsan. The same concept would work for the Jet Cylinder, it would just have the correct threads.

Since I converted one of mine to a Jet 2, I also have a spare valve assembly, which is the part the cylinder screws onto. That could probably be used to fill the air cylinders off the gun... But, I have not tried it.

IMG_2465.jpg

Reactions: BABz58
Hatsan or some other vendor may come out with an adapter to fill the cylinders off the gun, but as far as I know, there isn't one available yet. I have 2 cylinders for my Jet 1 .22 because I converted my Jet 1 .25 to a Jet 2 with the dual cylinders, so I now have a spare. It's easy enough to top off one cylinder, unscrew it, screw on the spare and then fill it. Once the 1st is at 1500 psi or less, just unscrew it and replace it with the full one. The Jet 1 is designed for the air cylinders to be hot swappable.

I have one of the FX Adapters designed to fill their tanks off the gun, but they are different threads that the Hatsan. The same concept would work for the Jet Cylinder, it would just have the correct threads.

Since I converted one of mine to a Jet 2, I also have a spare valve assembly, which is the part the cylinder screws onto. That could probably be used to fill the air cylinders off the gun... But, I have not tried it.

View attachment 343442
I'm trying a new test now. Also I think this is part of the problem. When I bleed my hand pump prior to removing it from the Jet, I loose about 50 Bar of pressure. Would this indicate my Foster connection isn't closing properly ?

It's hard to say for sure, but I would think if the foster fitting were failing, it would dump all the air. More than likely, you are opening the bleed valve too slowly and air is leaking before the valve if able to seal. I also had this problem trying to fill my Jet from my 90ci tank! The Bleed valve on it is hard to open and close because of the shape of the knob, but when filling with my compressor, I can open the bleed valve very quickly and don't lose air at all.

You would think that foster would hold the air once it's inside the cylinder, but the fosters on these Jets seem really quirky!

It's hard to say for sure, but I would think if the foster fitting were failing, it would dump all the air. More than likely, you are opening the bleed valve too slowly and air is leaking before the valve if able to seal. I also had this problem trying to fill my Jet from my 90ci tank! The Bleed valve on it is hard to open and close because of the shape of the knob, but when filling with my compressor, I can open the bleed valve very quickly and don't lose air at all.

You would think that foster would hold the air once it's inside the cylinder, but the fosters on these Jets seem really quirky!
Thanks for the advice, I'll try opening the bleeder valve faster.
Tim

Thanks for the reply. My Jet is brand new and has a slow leak. I thought there might be a spec of dirt in the foster fitting and degassing quickly might move it out .
Looks like I've got a leak on my cyclinder. Removed it from my J1, and covered the end with a balloon, and watched my balloon slowly inflate. Pyramid is replacing the entire gun. They have no means set up to just swap cyclinders .

View attachment 343442
Fl gunner? Where can one buy replacement barrels and or convert .22 to .25?

I really have no idea. Since the Hatsan was not designed to have interchangable barrels, you may be able to order the barrel and probe direct from Hatsan and do the conversion. I would think the only difference in the parts would the ID of the barrel and OD of the probe, all other diminsions should be the same. But, it might be best to ask Hatsan and verify before spending the money on the parts.

Mine did too right out the box. I looked forever on a fix I bout sent it back then I learned. Take some silicone oil put about 10 to 20 drops down in the fill nozzle cock the lever back. pump it up. If that don't fix it right away dry fire it a couple times and put some more silicone oil in the nozzle pump it some more n dry fire a couple more times that should do the trick 9 times out of 10 the seals are OK just dried up. This will cycle some oil thru and rejuvenate the seals. Works everything one of my hatsan pcps won't hold air.