Hatsan Hatsan Jet 2 mods

Hello everyone. I wanted to reach out and share the work I did on my Hatsan 2. I hope someone out there will benefit from this. Below is the mods I have done. Please reach out if you want any extra information on any of these. I wanted max power on this. However you could easily adjust for shot count, accuracy, etc. I get about 20 shots to a fill ( down to about 1700psi ) that will put a .25 crow magnum pellet almost through a 2x6 at 10 yards. All of these mods take a little work but really were not that hard and I did them in my basement with normal tools.

• Polished / sanded hammer to slide smoothly ( I have a great trick for this )
  • Ported transfer port from valve to barrel to .185, the stock transfer port is SMALL on this gun ( I have a very cool trick on how to do this since this gun does not have a “transfer port” it is molded into the from of the gun )

• Shimmed hammer with 4mm spacer on hammer side. ( Largest possible. )
  • Sanded barrel shroud and added set screws in bottom of shroud. This allows for precise adjustment to the barrel so no clipping will occur. Out of the box this was WAY off and would clip almost all of the time if using the supplied adapter.
  • Magpul forend from Mossberg 590 shotgun ( This almost fits right out of the box and you can get it from amazon for $30! )
  • Using magazines for a .25 Bullmaster 10 rds.
  • Upgraded barrel set screws to twice the length on both sides. The stock ones are a joke!
  • Upgraded safety pin. The stock is too small and can come loose very easily.

• Small red dot with a rear sight from a Hatsan at44 ( This helped so much with accuracy. It allows you to have to gun aim straight, by aligning the red dot to the sight. Sometimes this is tough with red dot sights. )

• Added laser, flashlight, strap and other small accessories.

Over all this is a nice gun out of the box for the price but just needed some work. Now it is very accurate, no clipping, extremely powerful. However it is louder then a powder burner .22 so I have a nice "FAT" suppressor being shipped. Should be here in a couple days. The only mod I still have to do is somehow build or buy if possible a metal side lever cocking arm and handle. The synthetic one works great and probably would never break but I feel it should be metal. I just dont really have the tools to do this correctly. If anyone as any info on this that would be awesome!

Please fell free to reach out if you have any questions. I am happy to go into detail on any of these mods.

20240302_144013.jpg
20240302_144026.jpg
20240302_144050.jpg
20240302_144115.jpg

Reactions: BABz58
Hello everyone. I wanted to reach out and share the work I did on my Hatsan 2. I hope someone out there will benefit from this. Below is the mods I have done. Please reach out if you want any extra information on any of these. I wanted max power on this. However you could easily adjust for shot count, accuracy, etc. I get about 20 shots to a fill ( down to about 1700psi ) that will put a .25 crow magnum pellet almost through a 2x6 at 10 yards. All of these mods take a little work but really were not that hard and I did them in my basement with normal tools.

• Polished / sanded hammer to slide smoothly ( I have a great trick for this )
  • Ported transfer port from valve to barrel to .185, the stock transfer port is SMALL on this gun ( I have a very cool trick on how to do this since this gun does not have a “transfer port” it is molded into the from of the gun )

• Shimmed hammer with 4mm spacer on hammer side. ( Largest possible. )
  • Sanded barrel shroud and added set screws in bottom of shroud. This allows for precise adjustment to the barrel so no clipping will occur. Out of the box this was WAY off and would clip almost all of the time if using the supplied adapter.
  • Magpul forend from Mossberg 590 shotgun ( This almost fits right out of the box and you can get it from amazon for $30! )
  • Using magazines for a .25 Bullmaster 10 rds.
  • Upgraded barrel set screws to twice the length on both sides. The stock ones are a joke!
  • Upgraded safety pin. The stock is too small and can come loose very easily.

• Small red dot with a rear sight from a Hatsan at44 ( This helped so much with accuracy. It allows you to have to gun aim straight, by aligning the red dot to the sight. Sometimes this is tough with red dot sights. )

• Added laser, flashlight, strap and other small accessories.

Over all this is a nice gun out of the box for the price but just needed some work. Now it is very accurate, no clipping, extremely powerful. However it is louder then a powder burner .22 so I have a nice "FAT" suppressor being shipped. Should be here in a couple days. The only mod I still have to do is somehow build or buy if possible a metal side lever cocking arm and handle. The synthetic one works great and probably would never break but I feel it should be metal. I just dont really have the tools to do this correctly. If anyone as any info on this that would be awesome!

Please fell free to reach out if you have any questions. I am happy to go into detail on any of these mods.

View attachment 441648View attachment 441649View attachment 441650View attachment 441653
Do you know of any disassembly videos. I'd like to do the transfer port. But I don't wanna venture into it and ruin anything.

Reactions: BABz58