• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Hatsan JET 2 (Full Review) an Accurate PCP Pistol/Carbine with 45 shots per fill!

I have heard a fair bit of both good and bad about the Jet 2. For the price of the gun you can't go wrong. It's accurate enough for my liking and have put a 12" barrel on it to make it even better. Most that hate the gun don't own it. Me ...I love it and highly recommend it.
How did you put a 12" barrel ?
Which barrel ?

Every time I look for "Hatsan Jet accuracy" I get this kaylandy's lame post and video.
Promoting whatever product he reviews.

kaylandy you have some of the most fluffy airgun video videos out there.

So little useful information that my brain shrinks every time I watch the first few seconds of one of your youtube reviews.
After a few seconds I realize it's one of your videos and stop.

Every time I look for "Hatsan Jet accuracy" I get this kaylandy's lame post and video.
Promoting whatever product he reviews.

kaylandy you have some of the most fluffy airgun video videos out there.

So little useful information that my brain shrinks every time I watch the first few seconds of one of your youtube reviews.
After a few seconds I realize it's one of your videos and stop.
I had the Jet in my cart several times before I bought the Umarex Notos

The jet,to me, looks the part
But it’s a loud , not the most accurate pistol carbine

Jet 2 upgrade
Has a 3000psi regulator with an additional 4500psi 300cc tank tethered. Keeps the gun right at 3000psi.

IMG_20240210_161906_961 (1).jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: nobody1
Jet 2 upgrade
Has a 3000psi regulator with an additional 4500psi 300cc tank tethered. Keeps the gun right at 3000psi.

View attachment 434194
I had the same idea.

To a Jet 2 I attached a regulated air bottle and used this fitting.
fitting.png

Also a barrel band attached to the picatinny rail on the right side.

Last edited:
I just bought a Jet2 in 177 on sale for $147- from Midway. It shoots RWS MiesterKlugen's into one hole at 5m ez. Doesn't shoot CHP's well unfortunately. I also have a Jet2 in .25. Lots of fun 007 style gun. Midway has good prices on airguns when on sale.
Try it at 15-20 yards.

At about 18 yards I get about 1" groups with the .177 Jet 2.
At 30+ yards, I rarely hit my 1.2-2" spinner targets
Acceptable accuracy for plinking, which is what I do..

I am not hoping, it is what it is, a not very accurate plinker.
I’ve actually been somewhat impressed with its accuracy. It’s definitely not an FX or Air Arms in that regard, but that 1 3/4” grouping I got yesterday has been pretty typical and at 20 yards it will shoot 3/4” or smaller. I’m sure that if I were to rework the trigger and figure out which pellet it likes best that I could shrink those groups a bit. It’s nothing to brag about, but it’s not bad for a low end air pistol either. If my younger daughter were to decide that she wanted to hunt rabbits with me sometime it would be the gun I’d give her for it.

I still wouldn’t recommend that anybody buy one, but after I fixed the problems that QC should have detected at the factory it’s not a bad little carbine.

The worst remaining problems with mine are its shot slope and the pistol grip. It doesn’t actually have a shot curve at all, since it never reaches a peak, but rather simply loses a little velocity with every shot. If you wanted a genuine shot curve you’d have to charge it to well over its rated pressure. Maybe someday I’ll tune it to actually have a shot curve and rework the trigger, but it’s not a very high priority. As far as the grip goes it’s simply too small and I don’t see any good way to reshape it without compromising it’s structure in the process.

I’ve actually been somewhat impressed with its accuracy. It’s definitely not an FX or Air Arms in that regard, but that 1 3/4” grouping I got yesterday has been pretty typical and at 20 yards it will shoot 3/4” or smaller. I’m sure that if I were to rework the trigger and figure out which pellet it likes best that I could shrink those groups a bit. It’s nothing to brag about, but it’s not bad for a low end air pistol either. If my younger daughter were to decide that she wanted to hunt rabbits with me sometime it would be the gun I’d give her for it.

I still wouldn’t recommend that anybody buy one, but after I fixed the problems that QC should have detected at the factory it’s not a bad little carbine.

The worst remaining problems with mine are its shot slope and the pistol grip. It doesn’t actually have a shot curve at all, since it never reaches a peak, but rather simply loses a little velocity with every shot. If you wanted a genuine shot curve you’d have to charge it to well over its rated pressure. Maybe someday I’ll tune it to actually have a shot curve and rework the trigger, but it’s not a very high priority. As far as the grip goes it’s simply too small and I don’t see any good way to reshape it without compromising it’s structure in the process.
With my .177 Jet 2 I have managed to get 6 magazines (48 shots) with 7.5-8 grain pellets in the 740-780 FPS range from 250 bar to 130 bar.
These are the mods:
-removed the 2 hammer spring preload washers
-added 1 M3 nut as preload to the valve spring
-placed 1 washer on the valve stem where the valve spring sits
This washer will restrict the air flowing into the barrel, and also acts as valve spring preload.
Initially the washer was restricting most air and got velocities in the 400 FPS range.
I ground the washer outer diameter a little to allow more air to pass.

I also managed to get 4 magazines 780-825 FPS:
These are the mods:
-removed the 2 hammer spring preload washers
-added 1 M3 nut as preload to the valve spring

You can try removing the 2 hammer spring preload washers first and see what you get.

Reactions: Sawney Bean

I agree with the grip ... maybe for medium sized hands but not large mitts. I filed down on one side towards the top portion of the grip where it presses into my right hand. I have large hands and now it fits perfect. I think most people expect this platform to shoot better past 20 yards. Lets be real ...the barrel is 8" long ...what does one expect? With that being said its perfect for anything under 20 yards. I use it in the barn around tight quarters. IMO its perfect for pests under 20 yards. Worth every single penny and love the iron sights. Not sure why anyone would scope it ...add a laser and a gun light and its perfect as is.