• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Hatsan jet 1 .22 Accuracy issues and modifications.

Agreed, not looking for match grade but hitting pretty close to where you are aiming for consistently is mandatory, unless you are really on the squirrels side.

Squirrels don't get close enough for me to use a pistol. Deer around here do though! That's why I've got my sights on an AEA HP Max as well 🤠

Reactions: Beer Nap
I've seen that looking on the Pyramyd Air state-by-state airgun hunting laws. A couple years ago I left New England, after spending about half my life expectancy there and starting a family. You can probably guess why we left (pure insanity). Now I'm mid-atlantic & fortunately near some family, but it's just another corrupt and dysfunctional state with mostly poor scenery and more than it's fair share of impoverished regions that don't appear to have much chance of ever bouncing back.

My wife is from tropical regions originally so she's pulling me south. I'm getting past the age where I'm obsessed with big mountains and winter sports, plus seeing how people were treated over the last couple years I can barely stomach it regardless.

We are thinking of taking a drive/vacation when the trees grow leaves and thought we should include northern GA at least as part of that trip. When you get your PMs going let me know what I should check out. My priorities are a healthy community, access to clean and local food, low crime, and lots of freedom.
It freaked me out when I learned that the phrase "May you live in interesting times" was actually a curse. We live in interesting times.

Reactions: silvershooter589
It freaked me out when I learned that the phrase "May you live in interesting times" was actually a curse. We live in interesting times.

I remember being younger and "bored", even though life was easy and I had few responsibilities. Always wished I lived through some more epic and consequential time in history. As another saying goes, "Be careful what you wish for!"

We have another child on the way to be born this summer. I am trying to stay hopeful!

I've had my Jet 1 for about a week now and I really like everything about it...except the accuracy. I can't get it to group to save my life. I might have 2 good shots in a row then 2 flyers in complete different directions. There isn't anywhere on this gun to add a bipod so I modified a barrel band so I could add a foregrip or bipod. Also slapped a 3-9x40 scope on. I had a red dot on before. I also cleaned the barrel last night so hopefully when I go out and shoot this morning I can get some decent groups. 🤞

Is anyone else having these issues? Any solutions? I've seen reviews online of it shooting good so is there a chance I just got a lemon?

View attachment 330585

View attachment 330586

View attachment 330587

View attachment 330588

View attachment 330589
Accuracy is the main thing for me as a plinker.
I keep hearing these reports of bad accuracy on the Hatsan Jet,
I will wait a while before I buy one until I know that they are accurate (or not).

Reactions: AirFinn88
It was only a matter of time before the foster fitting cap fell off and of course it was while I was in the woods. However a brake caliper bleeder cap fits better than the original cap. I'd just throw the one that comes with the gun away. It's pretty useless.

Also accuracy issues seem to be getting better. I've even had good results with the lighter pellets. I think cleaning the barrel really helped.

20230211_100942.jpg

Accuracy went on my .25 Jet1 recently, today I pulled the barrel and gave it a good cleaning, took a look and decided to polish it and while I was at it opened the barrel port about 1.5mm, shot cycle sounds snappier, accuracy is back, but may have been due to a loose barrel set screw. so things may get better than before, but not hopeful from the looks of the barrel, I think I will find a better one some day no matter what.

I've had my Jet 1 for about a week now and I really like everything about it...except the accuracy. I can't get it to group to save my life. I might have 2 good shots in a row then 2 flyers in complete different directions. There isn't anywhere on this gun to add a bipod so I modified a barrel band so I could add a foregrip or bipod. Also slapped a 3-9x40 scope on. I had a red dot on before. I also cleaned the barrel last night so hopefully when I go out and shoot this morning I can get some decent groups. 🤞

Is anyone else having these issues? Any solutions? I've seen reviews online of it shooting good so is there a chance I just got a lemon?

View attachment 330585

View attachment 330586

View attachment 330587

Mine was the same when I got it. Turned out that the barrel was absolutely FILTHY straight out of the box. After running about 6 patches through it loaded with hoppes cleaner, it started shooting great. I've seen a lot of complaints about the barrel being dirty as hell on these straight from the factory. Give it a really good cleaning and see if it helps.

View attachment 330585

View attachment 330586

View attachment 330587

View attachment 330588

View attachment 330589
Like I said, mine was doing 3/4 inch groups at 25 feet after a damned good cleaning. Mine actually seems to like Crosman premiere or piranha pellets, which is great due to how cheap they are.