• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Hatsan Harpoon and FX Gatling

The Hatsan Harpoon was discontinued before I had the chance to buy one. I've only seen a couple of posts on this forum about it so I assume not many people own it.
I never saw it for sale in the EU, so I assume it was mostly a US product?
I have no idea why it was discontinued but I'm guessing some sort of manufacturing problem because it was only on the market for like a year or so afaik.

Does anyone own one? If you do do you also own other airbows? How does it compare to those? Is it too powerful for practical application? On this forum I've read about problems with it launching arrows too fast trough arrow stops.
I'm interested in buying one but I need more posts before I can put up a request in the buy/sell section of the forum so I figured I'd ask some questions.

I'm currently looking for more info on the FX Gatling but I feel it's more of a gimmick than practical. I also feel that the accuracy would be inconsistent as you have 8 barrels with no guardrail under them so you'd be resting the barrels in your hand, which makes cycling weird, or on a surface which has the same problem.
gatling.jpeg

• Wow
Reactions: iAMzehTOASTY1
I own the AirSaber, AirJavelin and Benjamin Airbow.
I was looking at the AirSaber Elite X2 but was disappointed when I saw it wasn't semi auto.
You need to cock it and push over a regulator to switch between the barrels.

I was looking that the AirJavelin Pro but you can buy a CO2 to HPA converter for it so been considering that.

The thing I hate the most about airbows are their own proprietary arrows that are VERY expensive. The Hatsan Harpoon on the other hand used regular arrows you could buy for €3-5 each compared to the above that cost between €20-30 each. You need to remember that a lot of the time the arrow is damaged or broken when shot.

I'm currently trying to find arrows that fit the Saber, Javelin and Airbow. Been thinking about having custom barrels made that regular bow/xbow arrows fit on that you can then install on the airbows.

There is no airbow on the market that is designed for arrows to go into the barrel and this causes problems with Finnish gunlaws.
I know there are several airguns you can shoot arrows with but all of them are also designed to shoot pellets/slugs which causes the problem.
In Finnish airgun law it says that a airgun with an inner diameter above 6.35mm (.25) and is designed and intended to shoot metal projectiles are an "effective airgun" (these require a license which I cannot get).

With the airbows I own you thread the arrow onto of the barrel which means the law doesn't apply. The FX Gatling seems to be made so you put the arrows into the barrel but it's a purpose built airgun designed for arrows only afaik. With this design you can pretty much use whatever arrows you want, you just need to 3D print or make your own plugs for the arrows. Would be nice if the arrow plugs were sold separately at a reasonable price as well.
banner_1663182467.jpg

I would like to get the following airbows one day:
Hatsan Harpoon
Umarex AirSaber Elite X2
Umarex AirJavelin Pro
FX Gatling
Airforce TalonBolt

My favourite so far is the AirSaber, the Benjamin one is more powerful but it's loud and arrows are too expensive so need to find a way to swap them for regular arrows. Sure, if you hit your arrow stop there is very little damage to your arrows but that means you don't really want to practise at over 50 yards.
I'd like to practice for 100yards and above (hunting with them is illegal where I live so target practice is only reason to get one) but at those distances I'd like to have 100 arrows to play with and preferably at around €5 per arrow.

There a post here on the forum of.a guy with a airsaber wasn't happy with Umarex arrows. He went to his local bow shop.and they cut him arrows out of Easton 2219 arrows aluminium. He said he could shot 1inchngroups at 50 yards consistently with the Eastons. With them being aluminum I think you can just cut and debur. Slide over your tube and shoot.

• Love