Hatsan Gladius on sale at Midway

"LDP"
"blackdiesel"The Hercules is closer to the twin bottle Evanix Giant than the FX guns. The reason I posted the video of their factory was to show Hatsan was not a new company that sprung up and here today and gone tomorrow. It's my opinion that Hatsan and Evanix seem to act on what is hot in the the market. Like I said they released 6 new PCPs, a brand drop-in regulator, a 30 cal break barrel and other new stuff this past year alone. There is also a video of a Hatsan prototype semi-auto gun on youtube.
My post wasnt directed towards your video link or any of your comments. Yes they released new models but other than the semi auto thats yet to be released theres nothing innovative about any of them. Thats what I was questioning from the other post.
I listed what I thought was innovative in my post. If you don't think a 30 cal break barrel is anything new then we'll agree to differ.

i never said the gladius was innovative. I happen to think that model is a mistake on their part. I think the bullboss is going to be more successful for them. That being said, it could be argued that the adjustable length of pull on a bullpup is innovative as we haven't seen that on many others. A key complaint from people who don't like bullpups is that they say they don't fit them properly so it potential solves a problem for them.

For something to be innovative, it doesn't mean that every single feature has to be new. It could be one new feature, or a more efficient way of manufacturing that allows something to be sold at a lower price point for the first time. You don't look at FX guns and say "oh a trigger, what's new about that?". There is very little that is actually new on an FX Inpact but it is still an innovative product imo.

My comment was for the pcp line not the spring or gas rams. You are correct it only takes one new feature but that new feature must be new and unique. If another manufacturer has already done it then you can hardly say its innovative. Selling something at a lower price point isnt innovative. Actually theres several things about the impact that are innovative. I believe the Impact is the first bullpup to have a trigger thats not controlled with extra linkage. The FX Impact is the only switch barrel pcp that I know of that can be changed from .177 - .30 cal in seconds. You can adjust the regulator, hammer spring and valve spring externally on the Impact again I believe thats a first. The AA TDR is a take down pcp so I cant say the Impact was innovative in that area because its not the first pcp to be a take down rifle/pup. Not many pcp rifles or pups being made today have anything innovative about them. They just simply use the same features as the rest and mainly get a style change in a stock or shroud. But the Impact does offer some features that have not been offered by any one else thats what makes it innovative.

Most of those features are not new or invented by FX. 

The Pulsar doesn't use a trigger linkage and being able to switch barrels is definitely not a new concept or one invented by fx. Other guns have externally adjustable power features too. I don't think it makes FX any less innovative that they borrowed a bunch of good ideas from others and used them all on a very cool bullpup. Another feature is the AR compatible grips. FX borrowed this from firearms but that feature is not common on air guns and I see it as innovation. 

I think making a product available to a new potential market for the first time is progress. Nobody else has been able to release bullpups at entry level pricing. When Ford perfects it's process to make carbon fiber cars for the masses, it won't be new but it will be innovative. As I say, we may just have to agree to differ on this one. Let's not hijack this thread any further. I think the point that we have different opinions is clearly made. I think that's ok.

"zebra"Most of those features are not new or invented by FX. 

The Pulsar doesn't use a trigger linkage and being able to switch barrels is definitely not a new concept or one invented by fx. Other guns have externally adjustable power features too. I don't think it makes FX any less innovative that they borrowed a bunch of good ideas from others and used them all on a very cool bullpup. Another feature is the AR compatible grips. FX borrowed this from firearms but that feature is not common on air guns and I see it as innovation. 

I think making a product available to a new potential market for the first time is progress. Nobody else has been able to release bullpups at entry level pricing. When Ford perfects it's process to make carbon fiber cars for the masses, it won't be new but it will be innovative. As I say, we may just have to agree to differ on this one. Let's not hijack this thread any further. I think the point that we have different opinions is clearly made. I think that's ok.
I would agree that it is progress and progress is good.

A couple things come to mind. One, I don't think innovation is what should drive the airgun industry and we practitioners. I'm much more interested in reliability and consistency. I think the manufacturers could take a lot of money out of R&D and put it into rock solid builds they could give us a 3 year warrantee on.

Two, Hatsan is way ahead of Crossman and that is too dang bad. I will very likely pick up one of these cheaper airguns for when I have to send my Wildcat off to get tuned and or repaired. That I will probably be buying a gun made in Turkey instead of here in the states ( or even in Asia for an American company ) ticks me off. Crossman must be run by geriatrics who don't know how to use smart phones.