• The AGN App is ready! To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Hatsan Gladius... a disappointment?

Sorry about your lesson. I too have suffered, I had a at44 that wouldnt take air, sent it back, 6 weeks later, it still wouldn’t take air, ended up resolving it myself. I really wanted to like it, but it was issue after issue. I will only buy European now, Gamo has given me grief, Benjamin, Crosman too.

Everything will give some grief I think, but some less than others, customer support, and quality control helps. And we pay for it for a quality brand.

My return to Krale was a HUGE pain. Hope yours is easier

Perhaps you shoot it before being disappointed?

If I cannot mount a scope, what good would that do? I mean, if all it should do is go pop, then it is successful? If it cannot handle a simple scope mount, then I am not interested. Besides, now I can tell the retailer that it was never charged and never fired and they can sell for new. 

Wow, you could have just bought some scope rings for 40$, saved on shipping it back, and possibly really liked it.

Such is my distaste for such a disappointing rifle. I had high expectations of a reasonable performance. I guess my integrity got the better of me when I believed that the specifications on the Hatsan website were accurate and correct. Such a pity that companies out there can lie to customer's faces and suffer no consequences. Well, hopefully this thread will make people wary of false expectations generated by false advertising. 

Hopefully you don’t have to wait long and all goes well with the new gun. I was disappointed when my first gun arrived with a broken stock, but thanks to an honest seller and UPS accepting their fault in the transaction, with a little patience things worked out much to my satisfaction. After seeing what others are capable of, I’ll never have the capability to do a top quality gun justice but it’s quite enjoyable having a go at it with my plinkers. 

Big upgrade by going with the Leshiy 2. Quality wise about polar opposites. I had a BT65 .30 that was worked over by the hatsan master at the time, Bwalton, and even then was a joke. Was it a very accurate gun? Yes. Was it heavy with crap machining? Yes. Was also a big disappointment on my end. Some people like them and good for them but I find money is much better spent elsewhere.

Big upgrade by going with the Leshiy 2. Quality wise about polar opposites. I had a BT65 .30 that was worked over by the hatsan master at the time, Bwalton, and even then was a joke. Was it a very accurate gun? Yes. Was it heavy with crap machining? Yes. Was also a big disappointment on my end. Some people like them and good for them but I find money is much better spent elsewhere.

I've been doing some reading on the Leshiy 2 and it does seem to be very well engineered. Also 3X the price of the Hatsan in question. Better engineered? Yes. Any more accurate or effective for use? Doesn't seem so. Too bad that some have had bad experiences with and opinions of the Hatsan. Such is the case with many things. But my Hatsan has been more than fine for it's use. That said, I probably will try one of the Leshiy 2 guns next. I'll still keep my Gladius though.

I got a Bullboss. Some areas seemed over complicated. I completely removed the auto safety. I uncock the gun to make it safe. I also removed the hammer debouncer. Tune the gun right and it does not need a debouncer. I don't particularly like the bell crank trigger arrangement, but I know why they did it.

Hatsan is not afraid to use plastic anywhere they can get away with it. Great for a general-purpose/mass-market rifle. I did not like the scope rail interface, which mounts on plastic towers which are a slip fit over the shroud. I replaced the barrel with an LW poly and made an investment cast (lost PLA process) barrel clamp that ties directly to the scope rail.

I plan on using it at RMAC and EBR, so yet to see if it's up to it for competition.

IMG_11661.1628707443.JPG

Hatsans are kinda rough and they cut corners with plastic parts. But they come up with some interesting configurations.

My return to Krale was a HUGE pain. Hope yours is easier

You know, I have to tip my hat to Krale. They have ALREADY refunded me my money, even for the shipping that was to me. And when I mean already, I mean they have not even received the package yet. This was above and beyond what I was expecting. Kudo's to Krale.