Hatsan gauge

I recently bought a used Hatsan Flash Wood in 25 cal. After total reseal, deburring, grinding and polishing off sharp edges, I now have a gun that I can disassemble and reassemble without cutting 'o' rings and a bolt that slides very good. I installed a Huma-Air regulator set at 160 bar and a bi-pod. After testing several different pellets I have found two types that I can shoot 1/2 inch groups at 50 yards, I believe that is good enough for hunting birds an small game. I do have one question I hope someone can answer, after installing the Huma regulator the gauge on the gun will not go to 200 bars is this gauge now regulator pressure or still fill pressure.

Thank You 

Hank

Reactions: BABz58
Hank, what you are seeing is only the pressure reading after the regulator. If you have it set at 160 bar that is what it will show until you shoot down lower than the set point of of the reg. At that point you will see the remaining pressure in you reservoir. You need to depend on the gauge of your fill source to know what you are pressure filling to. It is possible to fill to more than the recommended 3000 psi fill and, because of the regulator, you won't experience any valve lock but it is not recommended because you do not want to exceed the safe pressure rating of the reservoir.

Bruce

Reactions: BABz58