• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Tuning Hatsan Galatian Tact

My Hatsan Galatian Tact semi-auto Fires the first pellet and cycles the next 5 shots in semi auto but the pellets are still in the mag i can fire 5 or more shots in semi auto and maybe 1 pellet will fire,i did what some have said to do to the mags like loosen the screw and make the hole on the mags bigger but still nothing, so i ordered 3 more mags from PA and they also do the same thing fire the first pellet and cycle and not fire anymore pellets. So any ideas please. i ve had it for over a year so i cant return it to PA. 

If it were mine, I'd pull it apart and clean and polish the moving components that have any sort of resistance on eachother. Hatsans machine work is often a bit rough. They also pack these things with grease that is kind of thick. I'd remove that as well, and use something like mobile 1 engine oil. There should be a piston in the shroud as well, I would replace the orings on it as they may be swelling and creating extra resistance. Other option. Get to the action, and there should be a screw behind the hammer spring you can turn clockwise a bit to up the power a little. That alone very well might fix it. Good luck. Just be aware if you make the action cycle smoother than it originally did and up the power output together, it might cycle harder and can damage other components. Just be mindful of that.

not familiar with that gun .. but what i have seen happen before in other guns, is the barrel itself can shift back and since the mag clearance in the receiver is set by keying on the barrel it can be too tight and get pinched .. so check it, mag should slide in with little resistance .. but also check the opposite as i imagine its possible, if the barrel is loose it could go forward and create so much clearance the mag isnt staying in the right place ...

I'd polish the teeth on the parts in blue. Make sure their interface is smooth when the action cycles. You can take the shroud off and lay the gun on it's side with the access plate for the gears off and cycle the piston by hand to see how smoothly the gears operate. Or just cycle the bolt. Depending on the clock of the cog (you can take it off and install it at a different clock), it may run smoother or rougher... The ones in red... looks like yours has 2 pistons? I'd replace the orings on them. And use some silicone grease on them. Pake sure the bolt/probe is cycling smoothly as well

Untitled.1648429767.png