• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Hatsan Galatian IV Tuning options

AGM109.test_hatsan.fob_3426_1442edit.jpg

Hi guys, I bought this gun because they ad over 1,000 fps, but 925 is the max I can get with a light pellet, The hammer spring can not be adjusted, anybody with other tuning ideas por more power for hunting?, I wan to shoot 21-25 grainers.

To get to the hammer tension adjustment, remove the adjustable cheek riser. You'll see the bolt that holds the stock to the breech under it. Remove the bolt and the butt stock. You will see a round bracket attached to the breech with 2 small hex screws, remove that. Use a long handled hex key to adjust the hammer spring, counter clockwise will increase tension, clock wise reduces it. There is no need to use another tool to keep the hammer from spinning on the Galatian, well at least not on mine. I hope this helps. I just increased mine from 864 fps to 925 fps using the 25 grain pellets.