Hatsan flashpup

Aarong!27 , The FlashPup was my first PCP. Bought it from Justin J.at Utah Airguns, while working on a project nearby. I took countless pest birds & 44 Pa groundhogs the first year I had it ( I still have it ) all w/ JSB 18.13 pellets . I found it's not pellet picky & it will shoot NSA or Knockout slugs (.216-.217, 25-27gr ). I've turned it up & down in power several times w/ no problems . The trigger is quite adjustable also. It is a bit tough to cock ( wood version )w/ the old style bolt. I'm holding on to it for a former co-worker that wants to buy it the next time he makes it to PA for a visit. I've just moved on to other guns , but still pop off a few mags in the basement range every so often. I have had no issues w/ it. It is powerful & accurate to 75 yrds ( longest g-hog kill w/it).

Aarong!27 , The FlashPup was my first PCP. Bought it from Justin J.at Utah Airguns, while working on a project nearby. I took countless pest birds & 44 Pa groundhogs the first year I had it ( I still have it ) all w/ JSB 18.13 pellets . I found it's not pellet picky & it will shoot NSA or Knockout slugs (.216-.217, 25-27gr ). I've turned it up & down in power several times w/ no problems . The trigger is quite adjustable also. It is a bit tough to cock ( wood version )w/ the old style bolt. I'm holding on to it for a former co-worker that wants to buy it the next time he makes it to PA for a visit. I've just moved on to other guns , but still pop off a few mags in the basement range every so often. I have had no issues w/ it. It is powerful & accurate to 75 yrds ( longest g-hog kill w/it).
How did it shoot with the knockout slugs vs a regular jsb diablo?

The Flashpup in .22 was also my first pcp (about 4 years ago). It’s been a great gun for me. Shoots most decent ammo, pellets and slugs, quite well. Never had a leak and it’s very accurate. I probably wouldn’t buy one now as my pcp preferences evolved (I love side leavers and bottles now). But I have no regrets buying it and I still shoot it.

If you do get one check out the “Brothers in Air” youtube channel. He does lots of mods and how-to videos on the Flashpup.

How did it shoot with the knockout slugs vs a regular jsb diablo?
IIRC , they both performed about the same. I only went w/ the slugs for more range & wind bucking. I don't use slugs on pesting birds because of more over-travel concern ( and the $$ ). Remember I took 44 g-hogs the first year w/ JSB heavies 18.13gr simply because that's what I started with. I took a crow at 60 yrds from a ground shot in a stubble field , it flapped a couple times and stopped , it was dead upon retrieval .I took several more w/ it from a large dead snag 53 yrds from a sniping position in a shed, most just folded or set their wings & glided to the ground.

Reactions: darylm
The Flashpup in .22 was also my first pcp (about 4 years ago). It’s been a great gun for me. Shoots most decent ammo, pellets and slugs, quite well. Never had a leak and it’s very accurate. I probably wouldn’t buy one now as my pcp preferences evolved (I love side leavers and bottles now). But I have no regrets buying it and I still shoot it.

If you do get one check out the “Brothers in Air” youtube channel. He does lots of mods and how-to videos on the Flashpup.
That's where I learned a lot about tuning mine .

I now own two. One in wood(bolt action), and the other in synthetic (side lever), both in .22. I get about 40 good shots from the wood running 14.3 CHP’s at about 800fps, and 24 from the synthetic with the same pellets at 900ish. Both shoot reasonably well , not quite as good as my Bullboss, and not even close to my Cayden, which is a stinking laser. Still , they are very acceptable shooters with great triggers. Just know that the “QE SYSTEM” is a joke. Either order one of the 10 or 13 baffled inserts off of eBay, or Hashimodo’s baffle system. They work really well. I have the Hashimodo system in the Bullboss. I bought the Flashpups particularly because of the light weight and small air reservoirs for woods hunting as they are very hand pump friendly. So I have one for hunting and one for pesting. I believe that with a little more work I can make them shoot even better.
In short … I like them.

QE SYSTEM” is a joke.
LoL.. it's a turn off to me .. if hatsan offered choice of a regular barrel instead of everything is qe id be more interested . Some guns I kinda like but being qe only blows the deal..

Oh I got a hatsan 95 qe its kinda chintzy / cheap feeling shroud. the rest of the gun is ok .lol

Last edited:
I had a Hatsan hydra which is pretty much the same action in a full size rifle. It shot pretty decent. Only thing I would suggest is keeping your eye on the Hatsan USA website for refurbished ones to be in stock. That is where I bought my hydra and it was like new at a big savings.

I also have a Hydra (.25 caliber). And knowing the Flashpup is basically the same performance with a different stock I would say it's a nice gun to own if you get a good deal. I would only get one in wood because the nice stock is half the good stuff about it. The Hydra at least is a very light gun and easy to shoot off hand.

In terms of power, accuracy, shot count, consistency, it's a little outdated. But in terms of being a fun gun to shoot, nice trigger, decent action and nice to handle, it's up there.

I have found my 25 cal Hydra to have a preference for H&N Hunter and certain other H&N ammo coming in close behind. Does OK with the JSB Diabolos, but unlike most guns it probably does even better with H&N Hunters. It's the only ammo I shoot out of this gun now unless I'm messing around.

The baffles are pretty good IMO. I have removed the shroud on my Hydra and it sounds like shooting a 22LR ... much louder than you would even expect at this power level. With the shroud on it's quite muted, the difference is really night and day. They did a good enough job on the "Quiet Energy" that you wouldn't even think about adding a moderator beyond that. For some reason I really like the muted sound it makes with the shroud on. Nothing else I've shot sounds like it, in a good way.

Reactions: Trucker3573
I now own two. One in wood(bolt action), and the other in synthetic (side lever), both in .22. I get about 40 good shots from the wood running 14.3 CHP’s at about 800fps, and 24 from the synthetic with the same pellets at 900ish. Both shoot reasonably well , not quite as good as my Bullboss, and not even close to my Cayden, which is a stinking laser. Still , they are very acceptable shooters with great triggers. Just know that the “QE SYSTEM” is a joke. Either order one of the 10 or 13 baffled inserts off of eBay, or Hashimodo’s baffle system. They work really well. I have the Hashimodo system in the Bullboss. I bought the Flashpups particularly because of the light weight and small air reservoirs for woods hunting as they are very hand pump friendly. So I have one for hunting and one for pesting. I believe that with a little more work I can make them shoot even better.
In short … I like them.
Do you have any links to the baffle systems ?

If you pick one up as refund from hatsan there a good deal. If you like to tinker around with air rifles to get them just right they can be really good. Getting the spring tension just right and shaving some off the Valve pin I can get 55 good shots with a small bell curve of about 25-35fps spread. Not bad for the $239 bucks I paid.

Reactions: SkizzyGtac30
I have a Flashpup 22cal . It is the easiest to shoot in my collection. My magazines don't work so it is a single shot only. I shimmed the scope rail. The bolt was a bit stiff at first but it has smoothed out. The trigger is now a single stage (it just worked out that way lol). It works very well. It is not to fussy with pellets. It likes JSP 18 grainers and Hades 15.??gr. It is very accurate out to 50 yrds and pretty accurate at 67ds. I have never had a problem that was'nt my fault. Can't say that about my FX Dreamline. I bought mine thru Hatsan ( refurbished ). I slapped a coat of polyurethane on it. Been happy camper ever since

I wanted to post an update to my adventures with the hatsan flash pup for anyone considering. I feel like for the money it’s the tits. I’m shooting jsb Diablo 18.13 grains and getting about 28 ftlb out of it. So far I’ve killed 3 squirrels at around 35-50 yards one shot to the dome. With that being said the magazines are absolutely terrible but for the money can you really judge? One has taken a crap on me so far and tbh it’s a matter of time before the other does. But this thing groups pretty damn well at my zero of 35. I put the 13 baffle system from eBay and it’s so quiet I’m shooting squirels in my backyard in a neighborhood. All in all I highly recommend this gun to the entry level as it outshoots my cousins Benjamin armada by 1” if not more at 50yrds. Just keep in mind you will be replacing a $20 magazine since the springs are more ****ed then Charlie sheen

Reactions: Hateful McNasty
I wanted to post an update to my adventures with the hatsan flash pup for anyone considering. I feel like for the money it’s the tits. I’m shooting jsb Diablo 18.13 grains and getting about 28 ftlb out of it. So far I’ve killed 3 squirrels at around 35-50 yards one shot to the dome. With that being said the magazines are absolutely terrible but for the money can you really judge? One has taken a crap on me so far and tbh it’s a matter of time before the other does. But this thing groups pretty damn well at my zero of 35. I put the 13 baffle system
I wanted to post an update to my adventures with the hatsan flash pup for anyone considering. I feel like for the money it’s the tits. I’m shooting jsb Diablo 18.13 grains and getting about 28 ftlb out of it. So far I’ve killed 3 squirrels at around 35-50 yards one shot to the dome. With that being said the magazines are absolutely terrible but for the money can you really judge? One has taken a crap on me so far and tbh it’s a matter of time before the other does. But this thing groups pretty damn well at my zero of 35. I put the 13 baffle system from eBay and it’s so quiet I’m shooting squirels in my backyard in a neighborhood. All in all I highly recommend this gun to the entry level as it outshoots my cousins Benjamin armada by 1” if not more at 50yrds. Just keep in mind you will be replacing a $20 magazine since the springs are more ****ed then Charlie sheen

IMG_4167.jpeg

IMG_4168.jpeg

IMG_4165.jpeg