• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Hatsan Flashpup qr .22 and Donnyfl Sumo

So i have a Sumo donnyfl in my cart for my hatsan flashpup qe.22. My questions are this.

Ycan run the sumo with the QE system still on the flashpup or you can remote the qe system and run it directly on the barrell.

Now i was told if i am going to run in it with the qe i need to do a .25 caliber sumo to ensure there is no clipping running through 2 suppression systems. 

What would be there preferred or better solution to the way of doing this. What would be better?

.22 sumo with qe systems

.25 sumo with qe system

.22 without the qe system

🔶 Write to DonnyFL — he might have advice.

When he has a little bit of time he answers.

It's worth a shot. (Sorry, my pun-blocker has a leak.)

🔶 One thing to consider: If you already have a silencer or shroud, it will only get quieter if you add a silencer on top of that.

However, if you remove the OEM silencer/shroud and replace it with an aftermarket, your noise reduction might not be as large as you hope for.

🔶 Of course, having both silencers adds to the length of your rig. This might actually be a big concern to you, after all, you chose a bullpup!

So, if noise is not as much a concern as OAL — then replacing the OEM mediocre silencer/ shroud with a superior large DonnyFL silencer (SUMO and up) might be the best compromise. (NOTE: I have no idea if you'd have any interference with your airtube.)

😊

Matthias

If I were going to add to the qe I would probably do a tatsu. Otherwise a sumo just on the barrel. You will want to add a spacer of some sort where the shroud passed through the front support for the scope. Otherwise poi changes happen too often. I have a hugget on mine directly on barrel, made it an inch shorter as well and big difference over the qe system even after I modified that system for better suppression than it was stock.

🔶 Write to DonnyFL — he might have advice.

When he has a little bit of time he answers.

It's worth a shot. (Sorry, my pun-blocker has a leak.)

🔶 One thing to consider: If you already have a silencer or shroud, it will only get quieter if you add a silencer on top of that.

However, if you remove the OEM silencer/shroud and replace it with an aftermarket, your noise reduction might not be as large as you hope for.

🔶 Of course, having both silencers adds to the length of your rig. This might actually be a big concern to you, after all, you chose a bullpup!

So, if noise is not as much a concern as OAL — then replacing the OEM mediocre silencer/ shroud with a superior large DonnyFL silencer (SUMO and up) might be the best compromise. (NOTE: I have no idea if you'd have any interference with your airtube.)

😊

Matthias

I actually got in touch with him last night.. Thank you!!

Not to worried about length really more for sound.

If I were going to add to the qe I would probably do a tatsu. Otherwise a sumo just on the barrel. You will want to add a spacer of some sort where the shroud passed through the front support for the scope. Otherwise poi changes happen too often. I have a hugget on mine directly on barrel, made it an inch shorter as well and big difference over the qe system even after I modified that system for better suppression than it was stock.

We spoke last night and he stated should not have an issue doing the sumo on the qe systems as long as i go with a .25 over my .22

Reason for not adding the sumo to the qe system as well but instead adding the tatsu instead? 

Just curious on the reasoning.

My thought was buy the sumo and try it on the barrel directly and on the qe system and see what i prefer instead of having to worry about not having something as quite as the sumo if i decide i dont want it on the qe system.

Reason was just due to length, plus it has been my experience that sound suppression gets better to the point that you can contain the air blast after that it has been suppressed so having more is not doing much.

example would be the sound difference of the tatsu vs sumo withe the qe system will probably be no different really so length would be better with the tatsu.

but if going straight to the barrel which is what I would do use the sumo.

one other thing is if you add to the qe make sure to put some electrical tape or a plug around the shroud just behind the front scope bracket because that air relief hole is letting a lot of noise out of it.