• The AGN App is ready! To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Hatsan Flashpup Loose rail?

Hey everyone,

A couple days ago, my new hatsan flashpup in 25 Caliber arrived arrived, and it’s such a nice little gun. However, I’ve been having some pretty bad accuracy issues out of it so far. At 37 yards, I can’t even get 5 under an inch, and I’ve already wasted 500 pellets trying....

I’ve done just about it everything there is to do to solve this issue, such as cleaning the barrel, tightening everything, trying four different scopes, other pellets, etc. and I know for a fact it’s not me making it inaccurate....

Today, when I was out testing the gun, I realized that the air cylinder clamp/bracket actually was moving when I pulled the trigger, up, down left right, in every direction. So for some context, this thing is looks like supposed to hold the trigger and the rail into onto the gun, so when I pull the trigger, the rail moves ever so slightly. 

I took off the stock, and this clamp/bracket was not right in the bottom. I tried to tighten the rail screws, but they were already tight enough.

Do you guys think this is normal?

Any Flashpup owners care to send me a picture of what their gun looks like without the stock on, so I can see if there the clamp/bracket is supposed to have that much play? 

If this is not supposed to be loose do you think I could just jerry rig it on? I’ve got some painter’s tape, and other resources, and I bet I could fix it.

thanks,

Sean

the gun 

Here's what I would do (NOT TRYING TO BE YOUR FATHER) Assuming I bought it NEW OR REFURBISHED from Pyramid Air and OF COURSE I DIDN'T pay the $10 (QUALITY CONTROL INSURANCE) OBVIOUSLY... (I WOULDNT EVEN HAVE THIS PROBLEM IF I DID) I wouldn't mess with it at all and have PA send a return label and exchange it for a 22 version and enjoy AT LEAST sub one inch groups at 50 yards since I'm an accuracy kind of guy. That's JUST ME. Yo!

Thanks for your advice!

When you touch the air tank, does it move at all? my gun seems to be loose in the stock in addition to the cylinder.

I bought the gun new so I’m very frustrated. This is the second gun I’ve had from pyramid with accuracy issues with, but at least it doesn’t leak like both my krals did....

When you get the chance, take off the stock and see if there is ‘play’ or space between the clamp/bracket and the air cylinder. if so, please let me know!

Thanks for your advice!

When you touch the air tank, does it move at all? my gun seems to be loose in the stock in addition to the cylinder.

I bought the gun new so I’m very frustrated. This is the second gun I’ve had from pyramid with accuracy issues with, but at least it doesn’t leak like both my krals did....

When you get the chance, take off the stock and see if there is ‘play’ or space between the clamp/bracket and the air cylinder. if so, please let me know!

LET ME GUESS THIS BEING YOUR SECOND GUN FROM PA YOU DIDN'T PAY THE TEN BUCKS FOR THE FIRST ONE EITHER RIGHT? I TRULY HOPE PA READS WHAT I WRITE. IM NOT REALLY WANTING TO STICK IT TO THEM ( NOT) BUT WHATS IT GONNA TAKE FOR THEM TO STOP SCREWING OVER HARD WORKING AIRGUNNERS??? JUST ADD THE DAMN $10 TO THEIR PRICE ON ALL OF THEIR GUNS THEY SELL IF THATS WHAT ITS GONNA TAKE. SHEESH... AT LEAST CHECK THEM DAMN GUNS BEFORE SHIPPING THEM TO CUSTOMERS LIKE AOA DOES. Yo!

Hey everyone,

A couple days ago, my new hatsan flashpup in 25 Caliber arrived arrived, and it’s such a nice little gun. However, I’ve been having some pretty bad accuracy issues out of it so far. At 37 yards, I can’t even get 5 under an inch, and I’ve already wasted 500 pellets trying....

I’ve done just about it everything there is to do to solve this issue, such as cleaning the barrel, tightening everything, trying four different scopes, other pellets, etc. and I know for a fact it’s not me making it inaccurate....

Today, when I was out testing the gun, I realized that the air cylinder clamp/bracket actually was moving when I pulled the trigger, up, down left right, in every direction. So for some context, this thing is looks like supposed to hold the trigger and the rail into onto the gun, so when I pull the trigger, the rail moves ever so slightly. 

I took off the stock, and this clamp/bracket was not right in the bottom. I tried to tighten the rail screws, but they were already tight enough.

Do you guys think this is normal?

Any Flashpup owners care to send me a picture of what their gun looks like without the stock on, so I can see if there the clamp/bracket is supposed to have that much play? 

If this is not supposed to be loose do you think I could just jerry rig it on? I’ve got some painter’s tape, and other resources, and I bet I could fix it.

thanks,

Sean

the gun

Also, it is a Hatsan. It is kind of their deal to not be that great (in my experience). Sorry you’ve had troubles man. Hope you get some accuracy.

download.png
1590992464_4195021225ed49e5036ad65.06906315.jpg

download.png
1590992476_17719368235ed49e5ce0f288.32500224.jpg

Do you have the wood or synthetic? 

Thanks for your advice!

LET ME GUESS THIS BEING YOUR SECOND GUN FROM PA YOU DIDN'T PAY THE TEN BUCKS FOR THE FIRST ONE EITHER RIGHT? I TRULY HOPE PA READS WHAT I WRITE. IM NOT REALLY WANTING TO STICK IT TO THEM ( NOT) BUT WHATS IT GONNA TAKE FOR THEM TO STOP SCREWING OVER HARD WORKING AIRGUNNERS??? JUST ADD THE DAMN $10 TO THEIR PRICE ON ALL OF THEIR GUNS THEY SELL IF THATS WHAT ITS GONNA TAKE. SHEESH... AT LEAST CHECK THEM DAMN GUNS BEFORE SHIPPING THEM TO CUSTOMERS LIKE AOA DOES. Yo!

Well.... actually this is my FOURTH gun from pyramid air. I first bought a kral puncher breaker, and when it leaked, I got a replacement. Both krals were AMAZING! Sub MOA accuracy, like 0.3" at 40 yards! They were both nice.... until the REPLACEMENT leaked too. I wish I would have simply tried to fix the leak myself, they were such nice guns, so I got a Marauder, and when the marauder had accuracy issue AND it leaked, I bought this Hatsan Flashpup. I'd like to send it back, but unless I can get confirmation that the stock isn't supposed to move inside of the gun, and that the bracket thing is supposed to be loose, I can't send it back. I'd like to try to fix the issue myself, I really don't want to wait another month to get a new one.