Hatsan Flashpup 25

I'm really interested in this gun, not sure why but it just intrigues me as a woods walker squirrel gun. I was hoping some guys/gals on here have one and can help me with some info. 

I'm looking at the 25 but it says 40fpe on their website. Is this 40fpe as they ship it, or 40fpe if you max out the hammer spring? I know you can do more tuning to get it well over 50fpe from what I have read, but I'm not looking to do a full tune as of now. 

Then I have a question on shot count. If you do get on the high end of adjustment, what is the shot count like? I wouldnt mind trying to get in the 45ish range for a little flatter shooting, but I really need 20 shots so I can do a full walk and back to the truck without having to go back half way for air. I'm not exactly the best shot! lol. I see you can add a regulator to this, probably wouldnt be an option until next season unfortunately. Season is almost over as it is! 

And finally, its probably a long shot.. but anyone have experience with slugs in these? I like slugs for squirrels, so I would like to use them if possible (I really like the NSA). I know its a choked barrel and probably wouldnt like them too much, but I only need 50-75yd accuracy. 

40 FPE and 20 accurate & consistent shots with the cheapo H&N Grizzly slugs should not be a problem at all with this attractive platform. Regulating is easy, and the gun holds its air very well.

If you put in an Altaros, go for a 145 bar setpoint. If you go for a larger-plenum Audrius 125 bar is enough. 

Also recommend Brothers in Air Very instructive !

🐦

I have the flashpup qe and love it. Its accurate and quiet. 30 grain pellets I get about 30 shots consistently. I was shooting 38 grain Neilson hollow point slugs with the hammer spring adjusted and got 2 clips or 20 rounds consistently and will drop a squirrel very easily and probably take a coyote at 50 yards with the right shot placement.