Hatsan Hatsan flash valve seat issues

I'm new to this forum and to pcps. I'm having problems with my new hatsan flash leaking air. After finding the leak it's the white plastic valve seat I believe it's called. No o-rings are damaged. I've changed the plastic seat anyway ,and still leaking. Does anyone know of a Aftermarket valve seat.?or part #2314 or any advice or feedback would be appreciated

I'm new to this forum and to pcps. I'm having problems with my new hatsan flash leaking air. After finding the leak it's the white plastic valve seat I believe it's called. No o-rings are damaged. I've changed the plastic seat anyway ,and still leaking. Does anyone know of a Aftermarket valve seat.?or part #2314 or any advice or feedback would be appreciated
Is it leaking while filling?

Reactions: sandman
Lotta airguns need an initial blast of air to properly close the valve and hold air. Both my Hatsan Sortie and Evanix Viper would not hold air upon delivery. A good jolt from a scuba tank did the trick.

Also, did you check the valve stem? Is the spring on it still good? Is it a second hand gun, or brand new? If it's the latter, then you might just wanna contact the retailer.

Hatsan wants me to send it back. But I just moved to Illinois and they treat airgun as powder burners. And I don't want to pay a FFL to get my airgun back. Sending the gun back is not an option, so I'm reaching out to more experienced. I'
And the gun is brand new. I got it from bass pro. The spring could have last tension. I've been in email with hatsan for the last 3 days.the valve stem and o ring is good

Lotta airguns need an initial blast of air to properly close the valve and hold air. Both my Hatsan Sortie and Evanix Viper would not hold air upon delivery. A good jolt from a scuba tank did the trick.

Also, did you check the valve stem? Is the spring on it still good? Is it a second hand gun, or brand new? If it's the latter, then you might just wanna contact the retailer.
Do u think I'll get that jolt of air if I buy a cheap pcp compesser? I don't know why they sold the hand pump together if the pump doesn't work with the gun.

Last edited:
1000005891.jpg

So I started experimenting. The left side is the oem value seat. The right side is a plumbing seal I found in my junk drawer. It's made of a really hard rubber. The I.D is the same, but I had to turn the O.D down to slightly larger the the original seal.i have assembled the air tank and filled to right under 1000psi. I filled it at 6:30 last night and it's now 12:30 the next day.ITS STILL HOLDING AIR 😁. I marked my fill gage with a dry erase marker so I knew if it moved at all. I've lightly tape the valve pin with rubber tip hammer, and it would shoot a burst of air, and seal back up. So I think this just may work...I'll reassemble the rifle tonight, then fill to full psi and let u all know the outcome. If all goes well, I'll be making a few lol

Dealing with similar issues on my .22 cal flash (QE US version). Had it for 5 trouble free years, then one day while shooting it suddenly started hissing and lost all pressure. Wouldn't take a fill, pulled the cylinder out and found it was leaking near the valve pin.

Disassembled, cleaned, and lubed everything and it took air, worked for a few weeks and then started acting up again. Would suddenly start dumping all pressure in the middle of shooting again.

Reached out to Hatsan and got a replacement valve pin and valve seat, installed them last night, filled it, and woke up this morning and it lost 50 bar over night. I think I may have chipped the o-ring on the valve seat while "seating" it.

Thankfully these guns are super simple to work on, I can have it fully disassembled in 5 minutes now that I've done it multiple times.

Is there a proper procedure for setting the valve seat into place? I've just been using a 4mm T-handle Allen wrench and pushing until I feel it "pop" into position. I am also putting a light coat of food grade silicone grease on the o-ring. Also, does anyone know the proper o-ring size that goes around the white plastic valve seat? I'm going to need a replacement since I think I damaged this one.

Sorry to hijack the thread, but I figure my issue is on topic. Thanks!

Figured I'd include a pic of my flash, absolutely love this gun, want to get it back in order!

IMG_20240218_194836403~3.jpg

Dealing with similar issues on my .22 cal flash (QE US version). Had it for 5 trouble free years, then one day while shooting it suddenly started hissing and lost all pressure. Wouldn't take a fill, pulled the cylinder out and found it was leaking near the valve pin.

Disassembled, cleaned, and lubed everything and it took air, worked for a few weeks and then started acting up again. Would suddenly start dumping all pressure in the middle of shooting again.

Reached out to Hatsan and got a replacement valve pin and valve seat, installed them last night, filled it, and woke up this morning and it lost 50 bar over night. I think I may have chipped the o-ring on the valve seat while "seating" it.

Thankfully these guns are super simple to work on, I can have it fully disassembled in 5 minutes now that I've done it multiple times.

Is there a proper procedure for setting the valve seat into place? I've just been using a 4mm T-handle Allen wrench and pushing until I feel it "pop" into position. I am also putting a light coat of food grade silicone grease on the o-ring. Also, does anyone know the proper o-ring size that goes around the white plastic valve seat? I'm going to need a replacement since I think I damaged this one.

Sorry to hijack the thread, but I figure my issue is on topic. Thanks!

Figured I'd include a pic of my flash, absolutely love this gun, want to get it back in order!

View attachment 437092
Nice barrel should and moderate. Where did u get it from? And I'm still having luck with the valve seat I made out of a kitchen sink seals. That just shows us how much hatsan put into there engineering, if I can just find something in my junk drawer that work's better then there oem valve seat lol

Nice barrel should and moderate. Where did u get it from? And I'm still having luck with the valve seat I made out of a kitchen sink seals. That just shows us how much hatsan put into there engineering, if I can just find something in my junk drawer that work's better then there oem valve seat lol
Thanks, the carbon fiber shroud and moderator are DIY. The barrel itself is already threaded 1/2-20, so I just cut a piece of 20mm OD CF tube slightly shorter than the barrel so the threaded end was exposed.

The mod is made from 44/42mm carbon fiber and I used the 1/2-20 threaded Crosman baffle Pyramid sells as the core, then wrapped it with open cell foam & felt. Then I had some custom endcaps made up. Works great, much quieter than the factory QE system, and even a bit quieter than the name brand mod I was using prior.

Anyway, I'm impressed you were able to use a plumbing seal to make an improved seat. Out of curiosity, how did you trim it down to the correct OD? I assume by turning you mean on a lathe? Or did you file it down by hand? I'm going to try removing the new valve seat and replace the damaged O-ring, but I'm thinking there's a good chance I'm going to damage the new seat in the process. I haven't figured out a good way to remove it, except poking at it with an Allen wrench.

I know I’m tagging onto this forum but is Hatsan a decent brand? I’m new and am looking into different air rifles for field target competitions
Hatsan sells a lot of air rifles, so you're going to hear glowing reviews from some and a lot of negative opinions from others like above. You'll hear the exact same things about other brands like Gamo, or Umarex.

Some people have great experiences with no issues, others get lemons. Their QC can be spotty at times, but they are a budget brand, not a premium brand like FX.

I own three Hatsan's myself, and I really like them. My flash gave me 5 years of trouble-free use, and My current issue with my Flash is just a typical wear part that will pretty much happen with any brand even the top shelf ones. I also own a Mod 95 QE and a Mod 135 QE, both with the vortex gas piston. They're both really fun accurate break barrels that make good power.

My mod 95 Vortex gas piston did fail after 6 years. I have no complaints about Hatsan's customer service. In both cases where I needed a replacement gas ram for the 95, and the valve seat and pin for my flash I emailed HatsanUSA, got a response the same day, paid a few bucks, and had replacement parts on my doorstep within a week.

Basically Hatsan makes some fun and powerful air guns at fairly low budget prices. Their QC can be a bit hit or miss, and their customer service seems to be great for some like in my case, or terrible for others. What I can say for certain is that I absolutely love both my flash and my Mod 135, and don't mind spending a few bucks to keep them up and running as parts wear out.