• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Tuning Hatsan flash air leak.. help needed please!!!

I bought a refurb. 25 flash qe and love the power and accuracy but have had a leak since I bought it . Wouldn't leak below 150bar at first but now leaks down even from 200 and is progressively getting worse. I have the o-ring kit that hatsan sent with the rifle. Anyone have leads on a video or exploded view of the o-rings . I appreciate your help 

You need to first find where it's leaking from.

If you put a balloon or condom (clean one of course) rubber band tight over the barrel end and it fills up you should return the gun. Have them send a free shipping label.

If air isn't coming out of the barrel...

2 places it could leak rubber band balloons or condoms on both ends of the air tube to isolate the leak first.

If it's the fill check valve it may only need cleaning. Be sure tube is degassed first. Use a screwdriver stick in fill probe hole unscrew that part if that's leaking them disassemble clean inside. Don't use any petroleum based oil only divers silicone grease.

https://youtu.be/a8Z796cSBTU

Screenshot_2020-11-15-16-15-56.1605493135.png

Click on your gun...

https://hatsanairgunsusa.com/exploded-product-diagrams/

Reactions: kapok6
In addition to Odoyle's guidance:

Does your flash have the air gauge on the side and the degassing port screw next to it ?

In that case take the gun out of the stock and apply soapy water next to the threads of those implements. If it is the air gauge, degas entirely, take the gauge out, apply teflon tape, and put it back in. Do not overtighten . If it is the degassing port, try first by tightening that screw. If that does not do it, degas and take it out. Apply a new o ring and silicon grease. Good luck!

🐦

Just received my flash yesterday hooked scuba up to fill and to my dismay it was leaking, of course I thought I received a dud. It seemed to be leaking near the pressure gauge , so I grabbed a flashlight and looked in around the pressure gauge and saw a spot for a flat Head screwdriver right next to the pressure gauge and low and behold it was loose, gave it some tightening and tried to fill it again to my surprise that did the trick... I believe it is a degassing port. Give that a try hopefully thats all it is....

Well I've done ALL the above with my Vectis,I posted on another thread about this problem as well,the valve pin is the only thing I haven't replaced yet and quite frankly I'm getting tired of this.

Hatsan customer support team won't answer, can't just order parts individually on their site. Otherwise I would order the pin,it COULD be the pin that doesn't seat properly,it has an EVER SO SLIGHT wobble when I chuck it up in a drill doesn't seem that bad,but we are dealing with high pressure air so it could be my issue,but if it's not then I've wasted time and money.

Had the idea that maybe the spring is sprung but I'm a newbie at this,I want to just order the valve ALL new and be done with it but Hatsan isn't responding to me,and frankly if I order a new one without figuring out why mine failed then I could have same problem again.

As I said before I did all the suggestions and replaced the seals it leaks right out of the transfer port hole NOT at the tip where the pin sticks out.
IMG_20210123_115824.1612349778.jpg

So if it's sealed fine from the fill port through the tube then leaks from the transfer port how is the seals in FRONT of the transfer port related to air coming out behind it? 

I'm basing that last question on the exploded view of the parts.

As ALWAYS any help is appreciated,Thanks