Hatsan Flash .25 cal

Hi folks, hope everyone is having fun with their air guns. I'm shooting a Hatsan Flash Wood with a Huma-Air regulator installed set at 160 bar. From 200 bar down to 150 bar I get around 16 shots. Don't have a chrono yet so I don't know what kind of speed I'm getting. Question: If I turn it down to 140 bars would i still have enough power to take a rabbit out at 50 yards and gain more shots per fill?

Thank you dizzums, I know I need a chrono but they cost money and money is an issue when your living on a very limited income. 850 fps is about where I want to keep them but I also want to get as many shots as possible. Being almost 70 and using a hand pump kinda takes the fun out of shooting paper real quick if you have to use it every 16 shots. I was hoping someone has experimented with this gun enough to tell me a good starting point on where to set the Huma-air regulator. I bought this gun used and the people that owned it before I got it screwed up the hammer spring screw so I have no adjustment there.

Thank you dizzums, I know I need a chrono but they cost money and money is an issue when your living on a very limited income. 850 fps is about where I want to keep them but I also want to get as many shots as possible. Being almost 70 and using a hand pump kinda takes the fun out of shooting paper real quick if you have to use it every 16 shots. I was hoping someone has experimented with this gun enough to tell me a good starting point on where to set the Huma-air regulator. I bought this gun used and the people that owned it before I got it screwed up the hammer spring screw so I have no adjustment there.
That’s low shot count. My .25 Flash (unregulated) will shoot 3 full magazines between fills.
Your hammer spring might be set too tight?

That’s low shot count. My .25 Flash (unregulated) will shoot 3 full magazines between fills.
Your hammer spring might be set too tight?
Yep. My .25 Flashpup is unregged and I can get almost 4 mags from it. A lot of shooters from CA here, might not hurt to ask who might be and close enough and willing to help sort things in person.

Reactions: BABz58