• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Hatsan- Fix it myself or send it off?

Hi, new guy here so forgive me if I ask stupid questions or put this in the wrong place. I just got a great deal on an old Hatsan AT-P1 pistol. I shot it a few times, and now I have a leak at the fill hole. And a tiny broken die cast part on the front of the trigger. I thought about sending it to Hatsan. But I came on here first and looked at reviews of Hatsan service. After reading for a while, I am not so sure I should do that! Their service dept is not well liked by many of you. Thanks for the reviews by the way! So should I fix this myself? I am very mechanical. I have fixed many old airguns successfully. But the only PCP guns I have experience with are my avengers. I tear those apart and machine my own parts for them. It seems pretty doable. I intend to reseal my Air Arms and Marauder rifles at home. But those both have nice how to videos on Youtube I can watch. This pistol does not. My guess is the check valve leaks. The gun holds until I bleed the hose. It bleeds the whole gun. Is the check valve a part I can clean or service? Like a spring and ball type set up or? Or is it a non-serviceable part I should order? Does anybody have experience with this pistol they can share? I can machine the tiny part for the trigger so my ony concern is the leak. Can't shoot an empty gun and looking at it is only fun for a while! Thanks for reading this and any help you may have!
Have a great day!
Mike

The check valve leak is likely an o-ring that has aged/dried out. They are generally serviceable. Tear that puppy apart if its empty and give it a look, no harm in that!

Here is a tear down video although you only really need the part to service the front section where the fill probe adapter is. Seems easy enough to tear apart and give a look.

-Matt

Thanks Matt and Marflow! All fixed now. You were right Matt. It was just O rings. I replaced all the ones in the pressure tube and it holds great now. The offending one was the little guy on the check valve. It was rock hard! Came off in chunks. The others were not much better. Thanks again guys!
Mike

IMG_5940.JPG

IMG_5941.JPG

Thanks Matt and Marflow! All fixed now. You were right Matt. It was just O rings. I replaced all the ones in the pressure tube and it holds great now. The offending one was the little guy on the check valve. It was rock hard! Came off in chunks. The others were not much better. Thanks again guys!
Mike

View attachment 404778

View attachment 404779

Glad to hear you got it fixed by yourself and we were able to get you up and running again! Good work.

-Matt