• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Hatsan Hatsan Factor or Edgun R5

My needs for my pcp set up is small:

1. Easy DIY repair (resealing leaks)
2. Durability
3. Available factory support

I am dumping my FX Impact MK1 because it is a nightmare to DIY reseal.

A member here directed me to the Edgun R5 and said even his 14 year old son could reseal the gun.

I like the idea of a big bore power so i saw Hatsan line of Factor RC.

I have $1500 burning a hole in my pocket and wondering which would be the wiser purchase.

Your inputs would be appreciated.

2. Durability

I am dumping my FX Impact MK1 because it is a nightmare to DIY reseal.

A member here directed me to the Edgun R5 and said even his 14 year old son could reseal the gun.

I like the idea of a big bore power so i saw Hatsan line of Factor RC.

I have $1500 burning a hole in my pocket and wondering which would be the wiser purchase.

Your inputs would be appreciated.
Edgun, hands down. Hatsan is WAY better now than before in terms of QC, services and patt, but you're taking a gamble.

You could also get an uragan v1 in .30, they're about 1200-1300 at talon tunes and he'll make sure you're good to go. I believe AOA still has the cricket .30 and they are solid rifles as well

I have an R5 super long. Lately I’ve not shot it like I once did. The threats to the chickens have stoped showing up🤷🏻. It’s simple fairly quiet for the power. Easy to tinker with.

IMG_5714.jpeg

2. Durability

In response to the questions just based on the experience with the brands I've worked on.

1) Both Hatsan and Edgun are easy to maintain as far as seals go, so are AGTs. Disassembly is more user friendly than some other brands.

2) Edgun is built very robust. The Hatsan BT65 was also very solid, needed some improvements in the hammer system though. Not sure about the new Factor since I don't own one. Other robust built brands are AGT, Taipan and Kaliburgun.

3) Factory support is hit and miss with Hatsan but they have usually replied when I email them. Edgun support here in the states has been difficult. Never got replies when inquiring about parts or availability. I imagine warranty issues may also be difficult to resolve. Same issues with AGT support here. I have not needed to contact Taipan or Kaliburgun yet as those guns have been running very reliably.