Hatsan Dominator Carbine - experience?

Has anyone owned, or been around someone who owns this gun? Combining the closeout + cybermonday (40% off) sales puts it at around 100 shipped:

https://hatsanairgunsusa.com/product/dominator-vortex-carbine/?attribute_pa_caliber=177

I've also been looking at the Proxima, and Umarex Synergis. Proxima just seems too bulky. Been waiting for more under/side lever repeating spring/gas rifles to come out, but the price on the Dominator may make me grab a single shot instead.

I have one in .22 cal. It is very accurate with H&N 14.66 as I recall, out to about 50 yds. That said, it started to cock with a very gritty , grinding feel, before I got thru the first can of 500 pellets. After I contacted Hatsan, they asked for a return for repair. Took about a week, it was back. They said the tech couldn't replicate the complaint, so they sent it back. Spent the money for the return and they couldn't bother to open and inspect it. Within 4 shots it was grinding again. If you get a good one it could be very accurate. I didn't pay much more than $100 (new, not refurb) from Hatsan USA for it, so I will shoot it until it fails and toss it.

I have a couple .25 cal Dominators. If they get to grinding, open it up and clean it out. Its probably just some loose metal bits or grit. I have one that I need to do that to (again).

The rifles are solidly built and easy to work on. Mine are accurate but too jumpy for me to shoot very accurately. So, it takes a lot of practice to get used to shooting them. IMO anyway and that's not worth much. There were some ,22 cal Dominators made with Lothar Walthar barrels. I think AoA has some and that's why their prices are higher; those are the ones really worth having.

If you get one, take it apart, clean it thoroughly, and relube it. Its been packed away for a few years. Don't shoot it without at least cleaning the barrel. After cleaning mine, they are smooth operating rifles. I don't shoot them very often but when I do I get re-impressed each time.

If you are getting the .22 cal, its a good idea to detune it. If you are getting the vortex version, its very easy to do. The gas piston in it is designed to have its internal pressure adjusted by the end user. You just need a standard pcp handpump. It has a bleed screw and a fill port. Very nice.
Also the length of the cocking lever can be adjusted. Just remove the hand grip on the cocking lever and you'll figure it out. There's nothing in the manual about it.

For $100 new, I think its a good deal. They aren't the prettiest rifles but they are a well built underlever. I wouldn't bother with the Proxima or other repeater models. It is recommended to get a set of seals- breach seals and piston seals. You'll probably want to at least replace the breach seals.

thanks for the info guys. i went ahead and grabbed one. i grabbed the .177 to keep pellet costs down, will be used more for target shooting than hunting.

i'll give it good clean before throwing some rounds into it. never worked on a break barrel, but i was able to fumble through fixing the seneca aspen pump a few times. time to learn how to work on a new type of gun!