Hatsan carnivore. .30 To buy or not to buy?

I had one of Bwaltons .30 carnivore and it was a tack driving hammer for sure.i actually traded it back to him for a smaller caliber rifle because the .30 was ripping up my target trap and once it took a chunk outta my house when I shot through the pellet trap.

I think Midway has them on a good sale now.i like plinking so a .30 was just too much but if your a hunter a carnivore would be a great and affordable shooter.
Buy one on sale and if the accuracy is not up to par for you, send it off to BWALTON for a full tune .
He's great to deal with over the phone too.

I don't have a carnivore but I have other Hatsan guns. I think a lot will depend on your expectations. If you are expecting a high end gun at a bargain price then you'll be disappointed. If you can except that there will be compromises for the money you save then Hatsan guns can be good for an entry level piece. 

The ones I have owned have been ok in the accuracy department. Not great but in line with what I expected for the price I paid. The build quality is hit or miss and they are almost all very heavy. If you are prepared to invest some time and cash, a lot can be done with tuning and I think being able to purchase spare air cylinders will be helpful for a big bore as you don't get as many shots per fill. 

The one thing I could never get used to with my Hatsan guns (other than the weight) is the auto safety. It drove me nuts that it switches the safety on every time you cock it. I always forgot and ended up losing my shot when hunting. 

If you are looking for a lower cost big bore, another option to consider is the 9mm Jkhan Krosa bullpup or rifle. 

I'm in the same boat as you right now. I'm working on a .25 Mrod (regulator, TJ barrel, lightweight hammer SSG) and am having issues with the tune and accuracy (not sure why used to shoot hole in hole). Anyways I need a gun for hunting bigger game (coyote) this winter and that .25 is going to take me most the winter with the little time I have to work on it and need a nice .30 that isn't over $1000. I'm actually goin to be calling Bwalton soon to talk about his .30s.

"Tn_airgunner"I would like to get close to marauder .25 accuracy with the carnivore. I'm not expecting $1000 gun performance. Just wanting something for hunting predators. on a budget
You'll definitely be able to hunt predators with it. They are accurate enough for that. It's probably best if you don't expect to walk far with one or shoot off-hand though.