• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Hatsan bully magazines damaging pellets

So today I finally got to shoot my new 22 bully for a few hundred shots. I was getting frustrated trying to get the scope dialed in....I'd shoot some pellets and they would group great...then the next group would be terrible. Couldn't understand what was going on...then I figured it out...

2 of the 3 aluminum rotary magazines had nasty burrs on the inside of the little pellet cylinders. I discovered it because a few were so bad that it was hard to push the pellet in. I pushed the pellets out of the mags and the burrs were gouging and deforming the pellets badly

Once I eliminated those 2 magazines and used only the burr-free magazine, the gun shot SUPER accurate. I was easily hitting 1" round stones at 50 yards. I'm going to get a skinny round file to clean up the 2 defective magazines. It's a tiny machining flaw but it apparently makes a huge difference in accuracy.

Other than this issue, I love the gun so far...very powerful and very accurate. I'm actually going to tune it down for less speed and more shots... Mine was shooting barracuda power pellets at around 1090fps. I'm glad rich7777 Suggested this gun over the gladius I was planning on getting. I would recommend getting one BUT look closely at the magazines! And give the burrs a clean-up if they are present. 

Yea the casting on the Hatsan mags leaves a bit to be desired. My at44 mag was a bit rough. Nothing a quick touch up with a small file couldt fix. I think the word you were looking for is forearm. I like the chassis idea better as it is a more fitting term really. So what is your thought on the replacment stock/forearm/chassis? I really like my current synthetic stock but have been also toying with the idea of building a more bench worthy design. Im far from having any idea of how to proceed but would love to hear your ideas.

Hi Pelletpusher, as I get more chance to shoot it more I will post more info. I did shoot some resized .215 rabbit magnum 25grain pellets and they were going around 960fps. But I believe those were sized too small. I resized some to .216 to try but haven't had a chance yet. I slugged the barrel last night and was getting measurements in the 216 / 218 range... so 216 may even be too small. I ordered some heavy piledriver pellets to try too. 

Stefanjan, the stock design I'm working on is unique but simple. It will have some similarities to the aesthetic of an FX impact / WAR airguns / American air arms guns. I'll post pics when I get further along. It will be more mechanical/functional...less of the curvilinear whimsical plastic stuff.