• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back to a traditional "Forum List" view, and/or "Light" mode click HERE.

Hatsan Bullboss

I would skip the Bullboss and Hatsan stuff completely. I would go with a Kral product. If you want a bullpup style, the Kral Puncher Breaker would be your choice. Much better build quality, more accurate and they have a really well balanced valve that is air efficient,, you can get away without a regulator. I have both and the Kral is a much better all around gun. And is a lot lighter too.

I currently own a Hatsan BT65SB and have been nearly constantly messing with it for over a year. There's a reason they're known to be good guns for 'tinkering' ........... Hatsan don't make them too a high quality and leave it to the end user to finish them off.

I hear a lot of good things about Kral with only a few people seeming to have issues.

I like the look of the Benjamin Akela but I've read about A LOT of people having to send them back multiple times due to air leaks. They may have fixed this by now though??

The akela is a great gun, and made by kral specifically for Benjamin. Normally I would say to buy the Akela based on the kral inner workings, and the crosman warranty, but they just took away the agnation discount code that made them very affordable to us. Now they’re similarly priced to some good used high end bull pups in the classifieds here. 
keep your eyes open on the classifieds fo4 something used. You won’t be disappointed!

If considering a Hatsan, the Bullboss is the last Hatsan I would ever consider. There's just too many things that are iffy in them, especially since they made changes after the first ones were built. The Flashpup is the better gun. It is super light, has great power, and is pretty darn reliable. They so simple and easy to work on as well. I haven't owned a Kral or Akela, so I won't comment there. I love to tinker and make things better, so my opinion on Hatsans may not be the same as many others. I will say, you can make some crazy power with them ;)

Compared to the Gauntlet, a Bullboss is more of a lateral move. I bought a Bullboss recently, only because I wanted to try a bullpup with a forward cocking lever and the Bullboss was the lowest price option. Compared to other brands, Hatsans are rough, and they are not afraid to use plastic anywhere they can get away with it. They do have some nice design features. I'm sometimes hesitant to do significant modifications to more expensive airguns, but I've already had the Hatsan torn down several times for mods. Not the simplest as the breeches have a magazine rotation mechanism and anti-double feed mechanism. I'm having fun working on it. Unless you want/need the forward cocking lever, the Flashpup might be a better starter bullpup from Hatsan.

The SPA P15/Diana Skyhawk is a step up in small/light bullpups. I have one of those too.

I currently own a Umarex Gauntlet and I’m looking for a step up. Anyone recommend the Bullboss or something similar, I like the look of this gun or the small bull pup style. Shooting mainly gophers in the yard so has to be quiet. Thanks
The BullBoss is just plain HEAVY. Put on a scope and it is around 10#. The air tube is over built and weighs over 3#. No way to lighten that I can see.

If I didn't luck out and get a shooter I would have ditched my Bullboss years ago. I can't get rid of a sub MOA gun..just cant.

Other than it does make good power and can be accurate, is all I can say good about it.

Side lever works as intended, but is a sloppy janky rig.
The gun shipped with machine oil and metal shavings in it.
Cheap parts, if you need to unscrew something it may strip easy, they use cheap poop mild steel screws.
Heavy as all frick.
Finished parts will start to rust within a year, unless you live in a desert.

The BullBoss will help you in your weight workouts. By the time you add a scope and maybe a bipod you are pushing the 10# object.
I corresponded with their support team asking if the wood stock was available and was it lighter. (Available @ $108 plus ship.) They said it was about the same weight. (Bet you could remove some o the wood here and there. )
I am looking for ways to lighten but so far no good ideas. The air tube is the big culprit. Must be around 4#. If there was a equivalent in carbon fiber that would go a long ways in moving towards 7-7.5#.