Tuning Hatsan Bullboss will not cock.

Fired about 36 rounds through my new Bullboss .22 today went to clean up and the gun wouldn't release the magazine nor cock. Used my tool played with the hammer spring adjustment and something popped inside magazine came out and was able to cock. fired one pellet same problem except cocking lever will not come back as far magazine is hung up. Anyone had this problem? 

not sure about that model but an issue with the hatsans ive had is the spring tends to be short, so if its not adjusted properly it can get out of its proper location and pinched by the bolt .. id check to see if its bent .. carefully straighten it up with a couple of pairs of needle nosers if it is and make sure it doesnt have more than several mm's of sloppy free play, some hatsans have an adjustable front seat to address that also, which can actually be a source of the problem if it loosened and backed in ....

Well so far I have been testing JSB Exact Jumbo Monsters and H&N Barracudas. The H&N's were in it when the problem started but they don't appear to be stick out in front of the magazine. Guess I'm going to figure out how to get the bolt assembly out.

Rich I would like to get your input but unfortunately I haven't been on here long enough to PM you.

16498884879212127053142325899645.1649888526.jpg

If this is the tool you speak of it is for trigger adjustment. I made the mistake of using it to hold my hammer spring and it snapped off. 

I have a Taipan veteran now and all is good

I'm sure you will enjoy those fx rifles congratulations

I agree with Scotty1. I had 2 different Hatsan Bullbosses. I experienced the same issues with my gun. Often it felt like the cocking handle needed to go back just a tiny bit farther for the gun to cock. I would play around with the trigger adjustment and that would seem to solve the issue for a while. At the end of the day these guns were sent back. My biggest complaints were piss poor accuracy with any kind of pellet and the annoying cocking issues. Both tries were in .22 cal. 

I posted my issue this AM. Mine is 25 cal. My thinking is that the lever cocking mechanism has too many parts and the slop between each adds up to a very finicky adjustment.

What does Hatsan say on this issue?

kaw
It is far too many with a terrible design compounded by awful materials. I had got speeds of 600fps with 30gr H&N, got fed up with even slower results of 450fps so took the entire gun apart.

It's a comical blend of interlocking bits held together by hopes and dreams. The block had come loose but mainly the hammer was shaving off brass slowing itself down with the forward movement. I cleaned the action and put it all back together; unregulated revealed the usual crazy spread but speeds were 857fps for 48ft•lbs.

My example was used but unmodified. I found so many flaws in every aspect of the Bullboss. One loose screw anywhere will place more force into another series of parts that will immediately cause a failure, if not, in the short future. There is no redundancy or rigid frame that holds it all together.
I fixed the safety so it slides under the trigger by ramping it (as it was binding). I added a long 1913 rail changing out the non-spec factory one on top. The barrel shroud was useless so removed it to add a DonnyFL. So many untold countless hours to get this ugly beast to function.
I then discovered if the hammer spring is tightened (counter-clockwise holding hammer still from a pin in the side while half-cocked) that the trigger would just let go randomly UNTOUCHED!

I honestly think the Bullboss should be recalled.

Last edited: