• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Hatsan Bullboss - Trigger adjustment, Hammer spring adjustment

I just got my first PCP, a Hatsan Bullboss...Just wondering If this gun has any trigger pull adjustment...
And with the Hammer spring adjustment - Does anybody If there is anyway to gauge the turn adjustments, without having a Chronograph available?
Like which way to turn for more or less air...And what benefit is there, from adjusting the hammer spring? Or If someone could point Me to a video
on it...Thanks

Heed cootertwo's advise. VERY small adjustments to the trigger or you could easily find your Hatsan inoperable (I found out the hard way). Make note of the adjustments that you do so that it can be reset to factory settings. Only adjust one thing at a time.
I think that athomas56 meant that the rifle needs to be uncocked in order to adjust the hammer spring. The hammer has a small hole in it that lines up with a small hole in the bottom of the stock through which you insert a small Allen key to keep the hammer from rotating while you adjust the hammer spring. These holes will not line up if the gun is cocked. Like athomas56 said - there are plenty of "how to" videos. Definately worth watching them first. The guys on the forum like to help so just ask if you need more info.

The hammer is adjustable. I have turned on mine though I have yet to adjust mine over a chrony and see the fps change with the adjustments. Dont cock it, but pull the side lever out to its relaxed side position and you will see the hole on the side of the mechanism there to insert a small Allen wrench (try a 3mm). Its on the right hand side.
my advice on that, use the largest Allen wrench that will fit. I used the small one they give you for the trigger and snapped it right in two pieces. Luckily the small broke piece fell out pretty easily with some jiggling. 
On mine, though, its shooting 18gr jsb at 1000 fps. And my adjustment seems to be almost all the way in as it was stiff to turn initially and then seemed to get MUCH more stiff before the small allen wrench snapped on me. The spring wrench is a 4mm and probably needs to be about 5" long to reach. 

Hy all I need some help .Can someone give me the odds in mm for original Hatsan TA44 (Bullboss etc) valve pin pse.? Tnx in advance! 
1537688399_366886025ba7434fb490b0.74717685_large-hatsan-at44-valve.jpg

@ rwbarrett. How did the adjustments on the hammer spring turn out. Did you turn clockwise or anti clockwise. Did you eventually chrony it. I have a hatsan regulator in my bullboss. I’m approximating it may be set at 115 bar (not sure though). I’ve turned the hammer adjustment both anti clockwise and clockwise and in both ways I’m getting the same FPS reading. So I’m a bit confused now. Any advice will be greatly appreciated. Thanks. 

Not sure how similar they are but I believe they are close so I will post this assuming they are similar. The Gladius trigger and hammer spring are both quite responsive to correct adjustment methods. It is relatively easy once you know what to look for.

If the Bullboss is like the Gladius, you must make sure that whatever you use to block the hammer rotation by the cocking arm fits completely into the hole and through. As noted above, the supplied tool is for the trigger adjustment screws and can be broken-use something else. Whatever you use can feel like its in place when it isn't. On the Gladius I put the 4mm Allen in the back and use it to align the blocking hole with a little rotation. That way you can feel the blocking tool click into place fully to the bottom with a little movement of each tool. Only then will turning the rear adjustment change the setting. Hammer rotates CCW to increase power and CW to decrease. 

On the Gladius, the adjustments to the trigger are as noted pretty sensitive but they can be quite productive. I removed the sear and polished all contact points prior to trying to adjust initially. The trigger group has 3 adjustment screws with weight at rear, second stage middle, and first stage front. The Gladius trigger improved greatly after the initial polishing and adjustment but I modified the linkage and added an over travel stop later and it is now actually a very good trigger considering it has a pivoting linkage.

There seems to be NOTHING on YouTube specifically on adjusting the hammer on the Hatsan Bullboss. There is plenty on the FlashPup and "AT-44 style Hatsans. So my questions are, is the BullBoss an AT-44 style Hatsan? does the BullBoss have the grub screw to hold the Hammer in place lke the AT44? Does the stock need to be removed to do the Hammer spring adjustment?

Thanls