• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Tuning Hatsan Bullboss - De-ping

Degass empty first...

Use a c-clip remover in the valve holes and a padded vise if needby. Or strap wrench and padded vise.

I wouldn't use a brush it may disintegrate fall apart and screw things up and stuck up the valve.

Find this Rubber grommet that's a tight fit at your local hardware or automotive store buy 2 if 1 isn't quiet enough return the other if it is. Rubber must be tight fit bring the unscrewed tube with you for fitment.

You can also use a 2"-3" tight fit rubber hose. Longer maybe up to 4" if not quiet enough up to you but more you stuff inside less shots you get taking up air space.

Screenshot_2020-10-20-09-04-032.1603757071.png

Reactions: nicecue
If your the original owner to the gun it should have come with a brass bottle bleed. Once you unscrew the bottle you'll be able to screw the bleeder on to the end of the bottle and tighten the large set screw real slow the air will start coming out. DO NOT SHOOT THE GUN DOWN TO EMPTY!!!!! You risk damaging the valve if you do. One its dumped the end will come off real easy. Some time you'll need a strap wrench or a padded Chanel locks. The many Hatsans I've work there fairly easy to remove. The bottle brush works good from my own experience or maybe the rubber grommet (I've never tried). The best thing I found on that gun to get the pings to stop is to add a regulator. If you want some great info on that gun read up about the BOB's MOD for the AT44 over on the GTA. The AT44 and Bullboss have the same receiver housing just a different stock and triger linkage.

Mont

You can also degass by employing common PCP newby mistakes by filling it just till you hear the check valve click then STOP! close your tank valve then SLOWLY! bleed till slight hiss then "STOP! show me your hands and step awwaaaayyyy from the gun!" go have a sandwich air should bleed out by itself through the fill hose bleeder nut.