• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Tuning Hatsan Bullboss .25 cal..hard cocking and with extreme leverage

I have a new HATSAN Bullboss that I have had for 5 months and just had an opportunity to shoot it. There is some sort of issue with side lever cocking. When you cock it you have to pull the lever so far back until you finally hear a little click. The force needed to cock this seems way out of line. There is no way this is correct. Evenly I would bend or break off the lever. Has anybody experienced this or have a solution or know of any adjustments to remedy this? Thanks! 

You say that the gun is new so this may not be the answer. It sounds like the hammer spring is adjusted way up to the point that it will just barely cock. I have a Bullboss but I don’t remember off the top of my head which way to turn the adjuster to turn it down. The action will need to be removed from the stock to see and access the adjustment hole at the back of the action and I believe you will need a long 4mm alen wrench. Check YouTube for videos on how to adjust it. It should be the same as a Hatsan AT44.

Thank you bigmike! Yes, it is brand new and I have not adjusted the hammer spring. I will look on YouTube for some videos. I did work the side lever back and forth as well as took the action off the stock and put a little lube in a small hole underneath that you can see where to pieces of metal meet when it is cocked. That seemed to help some. Before I go in and do anything like the hammer spring. I want to read up on it from various sources. I will be taking it out to the range again this week. I will find out if it loosens up more. Thanks again! 

Hello steelblueeyedm I just got a Hatsan BullBoss in wood in .22 yesterday and it cocked smoothly and today after 3 mags it got harder and harder to cock , I have to pull back really hard till i hear a click then i know it cocked but this is not normal im afraid im going to bend the cocking handle. I m new to pcp s so any advice will help i got mine from PA.

Hello and good day.. Yes that was the case with my gun. This is what I did.. I took the action off the stock and put a little lube in a small hole underneath that you can see where to pieces of metal meet when it is cocked. Pull the stock off and look at the action down below as you cock it you will see the two metal pieces working together. I put some lube of some kind in there to lubricate it and work it some. I have to consider that the gun is new also. I have been at the range1 or 2 times after this and it seems to loosen up a bit. But, I am along guys with FX guns that look like cocking the gun is like a hot knife in butter. Being a bit new to PCP guns, I was not going to mess with the hammer spring as some may have mentioned. I thought I would give it some time to break in. As I said it is a bit better. There are guys that can refer me to a gentleman that works on the guns and I am sure that it would not cost much to adjust or check it all out. But as I said, I figured a break in /use period might loosen it up and it seems to be doing just that. I hope that help!! 

Thanks... Kel 

"I did work the side lever back and forth as well as took the action off the stock and put a little lube in a small hole underneath that you can see where to pieces of metal meet when it is cocked. That seemed to help some."

If the hammer spring was overly tightened, lube wouldn't seem to make the cocking effort appreciably less, IMO. But adjusting it down is not difficult if you have the long allen wrench as noted.