Hatsan Bullboss .22

Hello,
This is my first post, as I just joined today.
I just purchased a Bullboss .22. Something weird is going on as the first five hundred pellets I can get 40 shots off from 200bar and at the 40th shot I would be at 100 bar.
Now I'm only getting twenty shots off. I'm completely scratching my head at this.

Can anyone help me out, as I don't think this is normal. BTW the tank is holding air, even when it is screwed on it holds air and does not leak. I even replaced the larger of the o rings on the tank where it screws into the rifle.

Thanks for any assistance :)

Often the new guns have oil in them from the manufacturing process. This could cause a lot of dieseling and throw shot curves and shot strings out of whack. I don't think that it is that although. I had have a 22. Gladius, on max power with the hammer set to max and when it is unregulated, I did get many more shots than you did, maybe the minimum was 28-30. If you put a de-pinger in the reservoir, a piece of it could have came off and got stuck in the valve door and stops it from shutting quickly, therefore waste some air. That has happened to me before with a different gun. But I don't know what the problem is for you. It's a mystery.

"npetro"Yea sounds louder!
is it a pain in ass to install?
If you are referring to the anti bounce mechanism i do not know. I had to send it to Hatsan for repair. It does get louder when the hammer is bouncing on the valve. It may also sound baffled like a loud quick fart instead of a solid release of air when fired. Your fps my not be affected but your shot count sure will.

Thanks everyone for the help on what it could be! Special thank s to John as I found how to adjust the hammer spring. That was the problem Some how it got loosened and the gun was pushing too much air. I can now get a solid 30 shots and push it to 40 shots with less performance! I wish Hatsan would make a better manual explaining all the adjustments as the hammer spring adjustment is nowhere to be found in the manual