Hatsan Bt 65 Whats The word on these New to PCP

I got a BT65 in .22 & .25 after about a year of owning a Marauder that never shot very well. Did a LOT of practicing & pesting with it & became very effective over time. They hit like a brick & CAN be good shooters. They are heavy, NOT buttery smooth, never lose their metal on metal "grindy" feel, difficult to cock for a while, long & loud (even with QE shroud). However I'm glad I learned on those. Moving up to higher tier guns afterwards (FX Royale 500, Boss, Bobcat) was a whole different universe & made me realize how much I'd learned about shooting with the BT65'S. Your mileage may vary.

Reactions: SHOMER and wolfdog
Look at a regulated AEA Challenger 22, 25 or 30. (BinTac, PelletShop, FoxAirPower, Utah)
I'm not anti-Hatsan or anything, but the AEA offering is better, cheaper and several years newer.
They will both be somewhat rough around the edges, but the AEA will likely outperform. It's also 3 or 4 pounds lighter.

Umarex Guantlet 30 is another one to consider on a "BT65 budget". Maxing out at 120 fpe versus 75 fpe for the BT65. Also probably better in most ways.
BT65 is getting up there in age and surpassed by newer offerings from Hatsan included.

Last edited: