• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Hatsan bt 65 elite or neutron star

A bit late to the party but my BT65 QE .22 is crap with slugs! I've tried Griffin slugs from 18 through 23 grains with no magazine issues. Also tried PDG destroyer slugs and FX hybrids, so far with no luck. 

I've had no issue with the length of any of the pellets or slugs I've tried so far (well over 30 different types) though I have had issues with some not being held securely in the magazine and having them stick out and become damaged / jam while cycling the bolt for the next shot 

The only pellets that I've managed to get to group semi well are JSB jumbo 18.3g and JSB monster 25.3 redesign.

A bit late to the party but my BT65 QE .22 is crap with slugs! I've tried Griffin slugs from 18 through 23 grains with no magazine issues. Also tried PDG destroyer slugs and FX hybrids, so far with no luck. 

I've had no issue with the length of any of the pellets or slugs I've tried so far (well over 30 different types) though I have had issues with some not being held securely in the magazine and having them stick out and become damaged / jam while cycling the bolt for the next shot 

The only pellets that I've managed to get to group semi well are JSB jumbo 18.3g and JSB monster 25.3 redesign.

Have you tried NSA? I dont have that gun, but my choked barrel that ONLY liked jsb 18.13 pellets loves the 17.5gr .2165 nsa slugs. The other ones I've tried have been decent, but it loves those. Might be worth a try, they are cheap. Just saw that last sentence and figured I'd throw in a reply. 

I might give then a try. I've kind of got sick of spending money on ammo that this rifle hates. I even got hatsan to send me a second barrel and that one was no better. 

I'm going to polish the better of the two barrels to see if it'll improve any. They have a few tight spots in the first 2/3 of the bore then it opens up real loose until hitting the choke. Too loose to try match the rest of the barrel to it. If that doesn't work then I'm going to try a LW barrel in it. I like the feel and ergonomics of the rifle but the barrels stuck!