• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Tuning Hatsan Blitz - Pressure Confusion

I recently purchased my second PCP air rifle a Hatsan Blitz and I am having some issues with fill pressure. My first was a Benjamin Bulldog. Either I am confused about how pressure works or something is broken. For refill, I am using a standard 3000 PSI scuba tank with 80 cu ft of air. This scuba tank had no problem filling up my Benjamin Bulldog which is 3000 PSI max and 340 cc tank. Now, my new rifle, the Hatsan Blitz is rated for 3625 PSI. It seems to only fill to 2900 psi. Also my adapter for the tank is rated for 232 bar (3364 psi).

Mainly, these are the question I would like answered: Do I need to get new filling equipment? What equipment do you guys recommend?

Additional questions about pressure I don't understand:

1. I assumed PSI measured the maximum fill pressure of the tank. Wouldn't the PSI decrease in the scuba tank with each fill? Wouldn't this mean that it would only really get to 3000 psi on the first fill? Yet somehow it is able to fill both guns to the same level for many refills.

2. Is there some kind of rating for the pressure that comes out of the nozzle of the feed tank and is it different from the 3000 PSI max fill pressure?

Imagine two glasses of water one large and one small with a pipe between and a valve, the larger glass or tank is full. Open the valve and put some in the smaller glass or tank. Look what happens to the larger the volume or pressure drops. 3000# tank filling a smaller tank the pressure drops as you fill, the first fill 2900#, the second 2800#, the third 2700#, get the the idea.

Thanks for the replies. Sorry I did not respond sooner, I had my randomly generated password only saved on one computer.

So this would indicate the problem is one of two things:

1. The air rifle is defective and won't accept a full charge.

2. Both the DIN valve adapter meter and the Rifle's meter are giving inaccurate readings and are showing 200 bar (3000 psi) as full charge instead of 250 (3650 psi).

However, I now notice that I can't get quite as close to full (3000 psi) on my other rifle. Maybe I am getting low on air?

I also recently purchased a Blitz .30 which I've had for a few weeks now. I have a Yong Heng Air Pump. When attempting to fill for the first time the air would go in and leak out of the breach. After some research, I purchased a Hatsan TactAir 1.6L bottle in order to give the rifle a "shock" in order to seal that valve. I filled the bottle to 4100 psi, let it cool down and tried to fill the Blitz again. This go round I got the gun to just over 100 bar. It did seal the air leak, however, I used all but 500 psi in order to get that 100 bar. 

I put a magazine in, shot the gun in semi auto for 8 rds and then full auto to finish it out. Gotta say, it was fun and functioned well. I have since been unable to get past that 100 bar. I've swapped out the O rings on the male filler probe and can't seem to get a proper seal. Air just comes out of the top of the port whether I use the bottle or the compressor. I'm at a loss. 

I did finally get mine to take air from the TactAir bottle. Keeping 'lenweber2' and others posts from above in mind I was able to do short bursts of about 1000psi to get it upwards of around 150-200 bar. I can't really find a bur in the port but I am running through some O-Rings. They're cheap enough I guess. 

I haven't taken the time to fill it up all the way yet. I did manage to run through a tin pretty quick with a couple 150-200bar "top off's" today. Sucks that mine is this way but it does work well enough. I recall hearing about a DonnyFL quick connect male filler nozzle that is supposedly better. May be a cheap enough thing to look into purchasing. https://donnyfl.com/collections/accessories/products/quick-disconnect-fill-probes?variant=31689267511339

On a side note, the Hatsan TactAir 1.6L comes with a 1/8" quick connect on it's hose. Doesn't help with the connection of the male nozzle filler. I end up having to remove the filter from my Yong Heng as it has two female connections. 

It is also the 3000 PSI that is key. If your SCUBA tank is 3000 PSI It will never fill a 3600 psi tank. It will reach 3000 PSI only. To fill a 3600 PSI small tank you need a 3600 PSI large tank. Pressure not volume is the key to it. Yes the pressure will start to drop on the large tank but the volume is so much more than the small tank that it takes a few fills to start dropping. Is that what you were asking or did i misunderstand?