• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Hatsan Blitz Disassembly

I'm trying to open my new Hatsan blitz to make sure all the screws are tight and its properly lubed. The screws do not want to turn and I feel if I use any more pressure I will strip the screw heads. Do they use Loctite on the panel screws? Do I need to hit it with a heat gun to break them lose? I was using the right size bit on a ratchet. I should have easily broken the screw lose but it didn't budge. Just want a confirmation before I put heat uncessarily on this rifle.

I'm trying to open my new Hatsan blitz to make sure all the screws are tight... The screws do not want to turn
Sounds like you got your answer.

Hatsan doesn’t make their guns easy to disassemble. It’s possible of course, but you’re gonna risk stripping and cracking. All modifications I’ve done to my Blitz—and all I’ve seen done including hammer spring mods and double-tank adaptions—have been done from the outside.

Someone else might be able to help you better than me if you post some pictures of which screws you’re trying to loosen.

I had to open mine up after squirrel hunting in the rain ruined it. I wrench on things frequently and I thought I had the correct bit but damn near stripped those screws out on that panel as well. I found that a PZ1 bit on a screwdriver works well. There's no Loctite nor did I need to heat them up. Tight fit nice and slow on those tiny stainless screws and you'll get em. (Cue the '70's p0rn music) Some gentle back and forth rotating motion with it may help loosen em up.

I used a pz1 bit on a ratchet that would easily give me a lot of torque. Having 40 years working on various projects from cars to computers I can tell when a screw head is right on the edge of deforming and eventually stripping. Perhaps I'll try using a clamp to put pressure on the plate to remove some of the tension on the screw. I guess if I strip them out I'll have to get some counter sink hex screws so I wont have to worry again.

I'm trying to open my new Hatsan blitz to make sure all the screws are tight and its properly lubed. The screws do not want to turn and I feel if I use any more pressure I will strip the screw heads. Do they use Loctite on the panel screws? Do I need to hit it with a heat gun to break them lose? I was using the right size bit on a ratchet. I should have easily broken the screw lose but it didn't budge. Just want a confirmation before I put heat uncessarily on this rifle.
I was trying to get in mine an stripped the one of the 2 Phillip screws that hold that cover I had to just use a small flathead bit an banged it in with a hammer deep enough to get a good grip on the screw, The screw was set down tight to point I stripped it trying to take it out though so I dont know does seem like satsan makes it a little hard to work on em.

I used a pz1 bit on a ratchet that would easily give me a lot of torque. Having 40 years working on various projects from cars to computers I can tell when a screw head is right on the edge of deforming and eventually stripping. Perhaps I'll try using a clamp to put pressure on the plate to remove some of the tension on the screw. I guess if I strip them out I'll have to get some counter sink hex screws so I wont have to worry again.

If you find a source for better screws please share the link with us. I have been reluctant to try to remove the side plate screws on my Blitz.

Convert all screws to stainless, making sure to use Torx head on the fasteners frequently removed so no worries on rounded Allen sockets.
And make sure and use permatex nickel anti seize on stainless fasteners threading into aluminum. Not only will it add bling to your gun, seized and rusted fasteners will be no more.

I source from two places mainly- Belmetrics.com locally and ACCU from the UK. I’ve heard others that use McMaster Carr