Hatsan Hatsan blitz 30cal or aea terminator.

Hi. I am looking to get a pcp for coyote problem. I see in the forum classified there is a blitz 30cal for sale and a aea terminator. I never own a pcp before I just want a reliable gun. Should I buy new? Any suggestions is appreciated. My budget is 1k for the gun and about $500 for a pump any suggestions?

Thanks
pump.. I have a Omega trail charger and it has been trouble free since I got it in 2017.. it's a bit more than your budget but well worth it. I got it from airguns of Arizona..
have a 22 blitz.. it's a really hard trigger but it's been good.. never had a aea .. so I don't know about it..
mark

From what I read/watched, semi-auto AEAs have a variety of problems, like broken valve pins and plastic magazines shattering right into face.

Big bore AEAs don't have these problems, but my 51 cal Challenger had a leaky air cylinder from day 1. Had to find a leak and fix it. The gun has a very good look and feel, however when you take it apart it looks questionable. Had to use some blue Loctite on a bunch of loose bolts.

Reactions: Asher
With proper shot placement a .30 cal should be good on coyotes for about 50-100 yards. It’s about the lowest caliber you’d want to use, and if you want less discriminate placement and a bit more distance then a .45 of .50 cal might be a better option.

Most just opt for powder burners on coyotes since there’s a lot less factors to worry about. Get a .223 and a good scope, then all you gotta do is make contact and bye-bye coyote out to a few hundred yards.

Reactions: darylm
With proper shot placement a .30 cal should be good on coyotes for about 50-100 yards. It’s about the lowest caliber you’d want to use, and if you want less discriminate placement and a bit more distance then a .45 of .50 cal might be a better option.

Most just opt for powder burners on coyotes since there’s a lot less factors to worry about. Get a .223 and a good scope, then all you gotta do is make contact and bye-bye coyote out to a few hundred yards.
i agree, I’ve seen them drop with a .25 marauder but headshots only. Yotes are super fast and have fun finding one you body shot that doesn’t instantly drop, their like the ghosts of the woods

I can't discharge a firearm where I live. Too many liberals here. I don't want it to run off injured and suffer. I want to drop it with a body shot. I am a horrible shot. The coyotes catches the neighborhood cats and dog and eat them in my greenhouses. They also chew on my irrigation lines. I don't want to kill them but I have no other choice.

Reactions: Midneight
I can't discharge a firearm where I live. Too many liberals here. I don't want it to run off injured and suffer. I want to drop it with a body shot. I am a horrible shot. The coyotes catches the neighborhood cats and dog and eat them in my greenhouses. They also chew on my irrigation lines. I don't want to kill them but I have no other choice.
Hi. I am looking to get a pcp for coyote problem. I see in the forum classified there is a blitz 30cal for sale and a aea terminator. I never own a pcp before I just want a reliable gun. Should I buy new? Any suggestions is appreciated. My budget is 1k for the gun and about $500 for a pump any suggestions?

Thanks

@bubatrucking It seems that you have an issue then. What do your state regulations stipulate for taking coyotes? You live in a southern California city where I assume you don’t have a lot of open land on your private property. You reside in a state where you are not permitted to shoot lead as of July 2019), you can’t use a firearm (according to your above quoted post), and you’re a horrible shot, but you want to drop coyotes with a body shot?

Let’s be realistic and logical. The best option I can think of would be (at minimum) a suppressed 22-250 using varmint rounds. Then again, I am absolutely clueless as to the environment you’re talking about other than it sounding suburban. What’s the backdrop look like? I don’t know of a .30 caliber airgun/projectile combination that will drop a coyote with a body shot. They will usually spin run off or just bolt after being shot in the body. To drop one with a .30 air rifle would require a precise shot to the brain. If you’re a horrible shot, how do you intend to make that happen? Have you asked anyone at the Department of Fish and Game/Fish & Wildlife what can be done on their end? Are there any trappers that can come in to remedy the issue? Professional hunters? I really don’t see using a .30 caliber airgun as a reasonable solution in your situation. Have you considered the possible impact of taking this course of action in terms of legalities, safety, ethics, and how airguns and airgun shooting sports may be viewed in the aftermath? Things to consider. Since it’s been about a month and a half since starting this thread, what did you decide to do?

Reactions: bubatrucking
Get a crossbow. It is accurate to 50 yards and beyond and is silent. With a ~1" wide cut wound channel it will not make too far. At 50 yards with a known good bolt you can place a shot in the head. A super heavy head is also possible, dead from shock on the spot.
@vtl Not a bad suggestion, but similar questions by California residents have been asked enough on AGN to state that @bubatrucking seems to be in a precarious situation. Here’s why:

https://wildlife.ca.gov/COQA/California-outdoors-qas-can-i-shoot-a-coyote-with-a-compound-bow#:~:text=Here's%20why%3A,a%20legal%20method%20of%20take.&gsc.tab=0

On AGN we must be mindful of state regulations regarding advice concerning game animals, non-game animals, and nuisance animals before giving advice as promoting illegal activities are against the rules.

Thanks
Wait for a Daystate or Airgun Technology used to be available at AoA. Now there’s a Red Wolf but is above your budget.

Thanks for all the replies I never intended for anyone to give me advice for illegal activities. I am sorry to anyone who think that was my intentions. I was looking up city ordinances and found out I can't even discharge a slingshot or blow gun in city limits let alone an airgun. I was using common sense and assumed I can eradicate any pest that was in my structure on my property. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. I guess the m357 bulldog I bought and the donny fl emperor being shipped to me will just be 1k dollars paperweight.

• Sad
Reactions: ToddGeddes63