• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Hatsan Hatsan blitz 30cal or aea terminator.

For coyote use JSB Hades pellets.

IMG_3133.png

With that rifle you can shoot at chest.

Reactions: bubatrucking
@bubatrucking It seems that you have an issue then. What do your state regulations stipulate for taking coyotes? You live in a southern California city where I assume you don’t have a lot of open land on your private property. You reside in a state where you are not permitted to shoot lead as of July 2019), you can’t use a firearm (according to your above quoted post), and you’re a horrible shot, but you want to drop coyotes with a body shot?

Let’s be realistic and logical. The best option I can think of would be (at minimum) a suppressed 22-250 using varmint rounds. Then again, I am absolutely clueless as to the environment you’re talking about other than it sounding suburban. What’s the backdrop look like? I don’t know of a .30 caliber airgun/projectile combination that will drop a coyote with a body shot. They will usually spin run off or just bolt after being shot in the body. To drop one with a .30 air rifle would require a precise shot to the brain. If you’re a horrible shot, how do you intend to make that happen? Have you asked anyone at the Department of Fish and Game/Fish & Wildlife what can be done on their end? Are there any trappers that can come in to remedy the issue? Professional hunters? I really don’t see using a .30 caliber airgun as a reasonable solution in your situation. Have you considered the possible impact of taking this course of action in terms of legalities, safety, ethics, and how airguns and airgun shooting sports may be viewed in the aftermath? Things to consider. Since it’s been about a month and a half since starting this thread, what did you decide to do?
Wow! Your comments about killing coyotes with a .30 cal is crazy! Only a head shot will kill? Never heard that before. Have you ever shot any .30 cal PCP's? Doesn't sound like you're too knowledgeable. Your long detailed paragraph makes you sound like it though

been hearing alot of bad feedback about hatsans reliability and their lack of customer service. Ill be staying away from them
Yes, hatsan has poor quality. I have repaired 3 blitz in 2 months. But Blitz might be good gun if u want to repair ur guns. Aea does have its problems, but again if u like repairing/modding guns, you can make it good and reliable.

Reactions: MysticalDragon
Having owned a Terminator .30 ... I was pretty impressed with the quality. But I agree a Guantlet 30 is where it's at and more enjoyable to shoot plus a bit more power. Use Griffin 64 grain slugs with the Guantlet 30, I'm sure you could kill Coyotes with ease.

You are going to want a DonnyFL moderator for it though, so factor that into your budget. I use the smaller "DonnyFL FX" model, it works well and looks good, no need for a gigantic one IMO.

The Gauntlet 30 is also half the price or less than the Hatsan and AEA. Best value for performance of any gun I own, that's for sure.

The Blitz is a "fun gun". I wouldn't recommend it for hunting. The accuracy is not that great since it's an unregulated semi-automatic. I own several Hatsans and I never had any issues with any of them aside from a broken guage on my .22 Sortie. They do require a bit more maintaince (mostly cleaning and greasing) to keep them running smooth. I wouldn't necessarily call them unreliable. That kinda depends on how you treat them.

Their customer service does leave a lot to be desired. That is definitely true.

Aside from that, I can't really give you any recommendations since hunting is illegal where I live. I have no knowledge/experience in taking down an animal humanely.

I have a 30 cal Terminator that I bought just for the purpose of coyotes. Biggest complaint would be the trigger is around 6-7 lbs. It can be worked down some. The Terminator is plenty accurate enough, and I'm getting 100 ft lbs out of 47.2 gr slugs. This is not a rifle you want to carry all the time though weight is over 9 lbs. You can pick a used one up for 5 or 6 hundred is you decide to go that way.

I talked to Bin at the Pellet Shop and his statement on the Terminator for dependability was , (Terminators just do not break). So far mine has worked fine. Had it over a year with over 1500 rnds through it.