Hatsan Blitz .25 is a BEAST

Just received my Blitz in .25 caliber and being that the amount of information in the forums about this gun is a bit deficient I thought I would post some of my initial observations. I’ve had at least 10 high end air rifles up to now and with each new one I get I find the methods each vendor uses to overcome common issues very interesting. I appreciate the ingenuity that goes into these things, and this gun, along with the Huben K1 really shine. The auto function is so smooth and ridiculously fast. It is on the big side at around 45 inches but for a Hatsan it seems pretty light at less than 10 lbs scoped. It came with 3 19 round magazines which in my opinion is awesome. The mags have a small plastic hook on the sides that enables one to attach two of them together and just flip them around when the first one is empty. I think it’s impossible to shoot it in full auto without smiling, even when your alone. The barrel is fully shrouded and the auto mechanism runs somehow by pushing air through the shroud to cycle the bolt. The shroud also does a decent job of taming down the sound. It’s just as quiet as most of the other 25 calibers that I’ve had prior to outfitting them with a silencer. Unfortunately I don’t know if a moderator will work with this rifle since the air flow is key to the operation and amending it may cause cycling issues. I haven’t had a chance to do any long range shooting yet but I’ve put a Styrka S5 on it and for the money it’s an amazing piece of glass so I’ll report back on the grouping soon. So far I’ve run around 100 shots through it and it works flawlessly. The trigger pull.....well it’s pretty heavy, I saw a couple of videos that measured it at around 6 to 7 lbs and that seems about right. It is however manageable although if it was adjustable I’d definitely lighten it up some. I read in a couple of other places that people who were purchasing the Blitz were getting manuals for the Bullmaster, but Hatsan fixed that because I received a manual exclusively for the Blitz. I purchased this gun knowing that I just had to try it out so it will be in the classifieds (like every gun I’ve ever owned) soon to sell or trade with its full warranty. If anyone has any interest in trading let me know what you have via PM and as soon as I’ve played with it for a little while we can work out a deal.

If we're to believe the manufacturer's specifications, we would sacrifice power for semi-auto fun. 

As I've no experience whatsoever with Hatsans, so reserve further comment(s).

Power isn’t too bad, I ran a few shots with 31 grain Grizzlies across the chrono and they were flying at 780 FPS which is about 42 ft. lbs. It was also only charged to 140 bar at the time. I was able to squeeze more energy out of a few other 25 caliber rifles I had but I’m thinking with the right weight pellet and a full charge the Blitz might approach 50 ft. lbs. My only other experience with a Hatsan was with a 25 caliber Bullboss and I don’t think it was hitting any harder. They are definitely not the most refined weapons though but adequate for some types of hunting.

I pretty much second the review from Olevey, top of this page. About two weeks and a couple hundred rounds operation & performance is as advertised. . . ..25 cal. No issues at this point. Magazine will take longer pellets and Polymags as well with good accuracy. Full auto will blow a substantial hole into a target with the slightest of trigger pull. Would be impossible to miss a target pest if necessary on full auto especially at 20-30 yds. More shooting will be the judge on this rifle but so far, so good. I would not want to be on the receiving end of this rifle......period. It is NOT a toy by any means. Would purchase again and do recommend.

Reactions: paul67
I have ran 3 mags through my Blitz and it has worked great, I also purchased the 33 round mag and it works great. I have to say I am very impressed with this rifle and can’t wait to spend more time with it, the weather hasn’t been good so it’s been a hurry up a shoot thing. I definitely would not want to be on the receiving end of this rifle.