Hatsan Barrage psi ?

If you're not getting penetration something is VERY wrong! The Hatsans I've owned in the past were hard hitting guns though I've no experience with the Barrage. What is the gun tuned for? What projectiles are you using? EVERY airgunner who wants to verify gun's performance NEEDS a chrony, if even a cheap one, to have an idea of its power & performance! Too many guys lately asking for help but giving little to no information that would get them a relevant answer. Go on YouTube & search Hatsan Barrage also.

Last edited:
Sounds like the squirrels got wise and started wearing kevlar.

If pellets are bouncing off of them at 20yds there’s something wrong with the gun. Like Gerry and Sqwirl suggested, you can chrony it to see just how miserable your numbers are, but that won’t necessarily help you diagnose the problem, especially if you aren’t super versed in PCP maintenance.

Where’d you buy the Barrage? Hatsan customer service is abysmal. Maybe a video of you firing it with the sound turned way up could help someone here identify an issue? Or just spent $100 bucks on an Air Hawk Elite II from Walmart. It’ll take care of squirrels at 20yds no problem, as long as you replace the silly factory scope.

Last edited:
If you're not getting penetration something is VERY wrong! The Hatsans I've owned in the past were hard hitting guns though I've no experience with the Barrage. What is the gun tuned for? What projectiles are you using? EVERY airgunner who wants to verify gun's performance NEEDS a chrony, if even a cheap one, to have an idea of its power & performance! Too many guys lately asking for help but giving little to no information that would get them a relevant answer. Go on YouTube & search Hatsan Barrage also.
First off I’m sorry if my question bothered you, this is my first pci gun, I can literally see the pellet through the scope at 30 yards, I will bet most people don’t even know what a chronograph is much less own one, maybe check what your going to say before responding

First off I’m sorry if my question bothered you, this is my first pci gun, I can literally see the pellet through the scope at 30 yards, I will bet most people don’t even know what a chronograph is much less own one, maybe check what your going to say before responding
Being able to see the pellet at 30yds is normal even at higher power. Seriously though you need a chrono before you start tinkering just to help get a baseline. @Gerry52 comment doesn't read particularly offensive so no reason to be defensive about it. A chrono is a highly recommended and borderline required tool for airguns. Those cheap airsoft ones on Amazon will work just be very careful not to shoot it by accident.

Reactions: Gumby31 and MLE
I’m looking for a more powerful 25 cal bolt action that is left handed if any of you have suggestions, thanks in advance
The Fx impacts can be made left handed. They put out quite a bit of power and can be bought in 25cal. I am sure there are others that can be made left Handed and 25 cal. There is probably a good list of them somewhere if there was only a way to find them.........

I'm not offended & certainly not trying to offend you! I'm trying to ASSIST you so don't take it as an attack. I can GUARANTEE you that the vast majority of people here know exactly what a chrony is & own 1 or 2. Again, it's a piece of equipment that's a MUST HAVE for tuning & diagnosing airguns. That was my 1st peripheral piece of equipment after getting my 1st PCP & pellets. I've seen them as cheap as $40 on eBay.
BTW if you answer the questions people are asking you just might get pointed in the right direction. PLEASE don't get DEFENSIVE. This is a great community of helpful people with a lot of airgun knowledge. Don't feel "less than" or DEFENSIVE of being a newb. WE ALL WERE at some point.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gumby31 and MLE
Welcome to the forum, glad you've joined up. As you can see lots of caring, knowledgeable folks willing to help, Gerry being one of the best, a real gentleman, I'm sure no offence intended. In a nutshell, if working properly, the Hatsan Barrage is well suited for the job, sounds like there's a low power problem, possibly a bad or missing "O" ring. A chronograph, by showing how fast ammo is moving, is a diagnostic tool we rely on. There are tricks to tracking down where some of the air, supposed to be pushing the pellet, might be escaping. Try tissue paper around sections of the main block to see if it moves when you shoot, especially near the breech. WM

Reactions: Gerry52
Sounds like the squirrels got wise and started wearing kevlar.

If pellets are bouncing off of them at 20yds there’s something wrong with the gun. Like Gerry and Sqwirl suggested, you can chrony it to see just how miserable your numbers are, but that won’t necessarily help you diagnose the problem, especially if you aren’t super versed in PCP maintenance.

Where’d you buy the Barrage? Hatsan customer service is abysmal. Maybe a video of you firing it with the sound turned way up could help someone here identify an issue? Or just spent $100 bucks on an Air Hawk Elite II from Walmart. It’ll take care of squirrels at 20yds no problem, as long as you replace the silly factory scope.
I agree, I’m going to call them tomorrow

Welcome to the forum, glad you've joined up. As you can see lots of caring, knowledgeable folks willing to help, Gerry being one of the best, a real gentleman, I'm sure no offence intended. In a nutshell, if working properly, the Hatsan Barrage is well suited for the job, sounds like there's a low power problem, possibly a bad or missing "O" ring. A chronograph, by showing how fast ammo is moving, is a diagnostic tool we rely on. There are tricks to tracking down where some of the air, supposed to be pushing the pellet, might be escaping. Try tissue paper around sections of the main block to see if it moves when you shoot, especially near the breech. WM
I’ve been doing some reading, I get maybe 20 rounds before having to refill with air, I should be getting 80-100 shots so you maybe right but with this being my first pci gun i thought I may be doing something wrong, will call Hatsan tomorrow, thanks

I’ve been doing some reading, I get maybe 20 rounds before having to refill with air, I should be getting 80-100 shots so you maybe right but with this being my first pci gun i thought I may be doing something wrong, will call Hatsan tomorrow, thanks
Bring your patience, I've heard dealing with Hatsan can be tough. Not uncommon for "O" rings to go missing if gun is fired with sidelever, or bolt, not fully closed, happens all the time. Gun is louder, blast of air to face, tissue paper moving around breech, are all clues. Suggest, best to call them PCP (Pre-Charged Pneumatics) for clarity's sake with Hatsan. Best of Luck, WM

Reactions: Gerry52