Hatsan Barrage and Sortie Repair

I have two Sorties and a Barrage that would not fire in semiautomatic mode. On firing the bolt would retract enough to cock the hammer but not far enough backward to clear the magazine rotor. The solution was how to get the bolt to retract far enough backward to clear the magazine rotor and allow it to rotate. These guns are blowback and the bolt movement to the rear is caused only by the air used to fire the pellet. On its backward movement the bolt must compress the hammer spring and the reloading spring at the muzzle. To increase the rearward pressure on the bolt I used heavy pellets. To reduce the force needed to compress the two springs I reduced their tension by 6 turns counterclockwise on the muzzle reloading spring and by using only 6 turns counterclockwise on the hammer spring. I further reduced the force needed to move the bolt backward by removing the grease in the reloading gear box and replacing it with a light oil. Now the bolt retracts completely on firing and all three guns fire semiautomatically without a misfire.

good job, I was squinting as I read this, thinking there wouldn't be a happy ending. I had a donated Barrage given to our airgun program that wasn't working. Scott the Motorhead had to fabricate parts and put in hardened pins to repair it. 

Now I handle it delicately and appreciate that it cycles, but also know it is a finite joy....Great gun for the price, but I don't think I'll get the years out of it that I get out of my Velez or AGT's.

They are disposable like the FX Monsoons and Revolutions. They have only a finite number of shots till they just can't be fixed. Even the BEST TUNER IN THE WORLD Allen Z can't fix them once they had their certain number of shots through. Thats the way the cookie crumbles. Same with the Crosman 600 semiauto even Mac1 can't fix after they reach their number of shots life expectancy.

Contact Allen Z and Tim at Mac1 they are the experts and work on them and have stated they all have a finite life expectancy. Thus my relaying their message so nobody gets a shock after the fact before buying so at least it is known as posted publicly on this forum. The guns at least the FX s may still shoot but not in semiauto. You will need to cock with each and every shot manually after their semiauto life cycles are done. Allen Z can do that conversion (off course for a price) on STICK A FORK IN ME DONE FX SEMIAUTOs. Not too sure about Mac1 Crosman 600s though. Just have many extras with very low mileage then you're good.

No clue on the SK 19s since they're so new. I have 4 of them one spare in each caliber just in case. One of my 22 SK 19s must have 20,000 rounds through and no issues for now. On the others Hard to give an accurate count since I always had a lot of guns in rotation so there are never just one to shoot thus minimizing the spread of pellet use over the years. Often times I would buy multiples of the same gun in case one breaks. All of my Sorties gave problems most of the time from early on and I'm confident to say I am mechanically inclined. I stayed away from other HATSAN brand semiautos after that. Like a crude copy of the FX design. Allen Z says they are only novelty guns that won't last forever and I totally trust whatever he says and think if even he can't fix it then probably nobody can. I have a good buddy who sent him an FX Monsoon that was in the end deemed irreparable and had then paid to have it converted to single cock and shoot gun otherwise it would be a non functional good looking paperweight.

Since you're mechanically inclined they may possibly last longer than most by adjusting lubing and maintaining them as often as necessary to ensure proper function. MOST Others who aren't are the frustrated ones unfortuneatly...jave to pay to have them fixed and that's at least the shipping for warranty if still covered.

How do you pay to fix a gun that 'has a finite number of shots til it simply cannot be fixed' 😆 

Now for a non-rhetorical question: How do you 'mute' or 'ignore' a user?

They are disposable like the FX Monsoons and Revolutions. They have only a finite number of shots till they just can't be fixed. Even the BEST TUNER IN THE WORLD Allen Z can't fix them

MOST Others who aren't are the frustrated ones unfortuneatly...jave to pay to have them fixed and that's at least the shipping for warranty if still covered.

I have two Sorties and a Barrage that would not fire in semiautomatic mode. On firing the bolt would retract enough to cock the hammer but not far enough backward to clear the magazine rotor. The solution was how to get the bolt to retract far enough backward to clear the magazine rotor and allow it to rotate. These guns are blowback and the bolt movement to the rear is caused only by the air used to fire the pellet. On its backward movement the bolt must compress the hammer spring and the reloading spring at the muzzle. To increase the rearward pressure on the bolt I used heavy pellets. To reduce the force needed to compress the two springs I reduced their tension by 6 turns counterclockwise on the muzzle reloading spring and by using only 6 turns counterclockwise on the hammer spring. I further reduced the force needed to move the bolt backward by removing the grease in the reloading gear box and replacing it with a light oil. Now the bolt retracts completely on firing and all three guns fire semiautomatically without a misfire.
My Sotie had about 500 trouble free rounds then began to failure to feed along with the trigger not releasing the sear from time to time. I contacted a tech at Hatsan and was advised to check the hammer spring tension. I found the hammer spring set screw on the side of the hammer had loosened. I gave the hammer spring 3 turns counter clockwise to put some tension on it and. Bob's Your Uncle! It works again.

Reactions: Dogowsky